You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Dreamfall: Funcom Online Shop

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2006, 05:56 PM   #61
Bad command or file name

Geeze, my heart goes out to all ya'll. You pre-ordered form the devolper in hopes being the first one in line and they dropped the ball. That just plain old sucks. Hears to hoping you all get you copies soon.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #62
Grah! Grah!

I just got an e-mail telling me my "backup-CD shipment failed" and to provide my address again, after I already received two seperate shipping confirmations... this is still for my preorder of the regular edition. So, basically, I have no idea what's going on...
Old 05-08-2006, 06:32 PM   #63
merely human

Basically, Funcom has shitty customer service and utter lack of competent professionalism in their retail department. I've worked in those fields for years, and crap service is crap service, no matter what. They seriously need a major rehaul, otherwise what's the point of ordering from them when they screw you over?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #64
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

If only Ragnar knew how his game is being treated in retail department, he'd turn in his grave, oh wait, he's still alive

Anyway as long as it arrives one way or another, I'm willing to look through my fingers and forget all the problems. But my gut feeling tells me it won't be that easy.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:46 AM   #65
fire breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Basically, Funcom has shitty customer service and utter lack of competent professionalism in their retail department. I've worked in those fields for years, and crap service is crap service, no matter what. They seriously need a major rehaul, otherwise what's the point of ordering from them when they screw you over?
*cries*
Old 05-09-2006, 11:49 AM   #66
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I know that this may come out of the blue, but could it be something to do with larger demand. I've ordered from them before without problems, so I can only assume it has something to do with the reasonable quantity of preorders.

Now, of course that's no excuse for what's happening, but unprecedented demand can ruin a setup even without an "utter lack of competent professionalism"...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:49 PM   #67
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Now, of course that's no excuse for what's happening, but unprecedented demand can ruin a setup even without an "utter lack of competent professionalism"...
I don't think so, good man. They could've at least apologized on their site for their 'temporary incapacity' to efficiently meet this 'larger demand', and then offer some kind of recompense (like a free sticker or pen, like what Double Fine did). Besides, they could have anticipated it and been more proactive about meeting this larger demand anyway. Another idea is to send potential customers to alternative online sources to order, instead of making them wait longer than others.

To me that's definitely utter lack of professionalism.

EDIT: However, that should tell Funcom how in demand their game is and hopefully they can scale up and improve their operations.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 05-09-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:36 PM   #68

Send a message via AIM to Mikeynuts

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this here, but -

It has been stated by a couple people on the official Dreamfall forums that the Limited Edition has been spotted in some stores? They claimed that they have actually seen it, the LE, on store shelves.

....eehh....wha?? I thought the LE was ONLY available through the Funcom Online Shop....

hissss.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:02 PM   #69
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeynuts
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this here, but -

It has been stated by a couple people on the official Dreamfall forums that the Limited Edition has been spotted in some stores? They claimed that they have actually seen it, the LE, on store shelves.

....eehh....wha?? I thought the LE was ONLY available through the Funcom Online Shop....

hissss.
HISSSSS indeed!

But there is a chance that there we just joking?
Old 05-09-2006, 10:21 PM   #70

Send a message via AIM to Mikeynuts

Oh...my bad...I guess the LE is, and was always going to be, available in stores in the Nordic region?

Quote:
**The Limited Edition will also be available in the Nordic region. Funcom holds the exclusive rights for the Limited edition in all other territories, and you can only buy it here at the Funcom online store!
So it must be those in this region who have seen it on the shelves.

I'm still going to hiss, but it will be quieter this time.

(hisss)

Last edited by Mikeynuts; 05-09-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:13 AM   #71

Mikeynuts, I thought the same thing.
Then I notice the two who had seen the LE were indeed from Norway and Sweden.

I emailed ASKnet yesterday regarding this fiasco. I've yet to get a reply, but will post it here when I do.

The thing that gets me the most is the high price I paid for import tax and shipping. My total came to $85. The price I pay for ordering something from America to the UK I thought.
Then I found out that the LEs are shipping from Ireland! I live in South Wales, it's a bloody stones throw away! It would have been cheaper for me to fetch it myself! *grumble*
Old 05-10-2006, 02:59 AM   #72
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

I just got an email from the Funcom saying it has been shipped!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:05 AM   #73
Super Moderator

Same here Tanuk
Old 05-10-2006, 04:43 AM   #74

Me too
Got an email two hours ago saying that the Dreamfall LE just shipped!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:56 AM   #75
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I hate you all . My copy remains in limbo, and they haven't levelled any charge on me yet .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-10-2006, 05:08 AM   #76
Grumpy & bitter man

Count me in! The wait begins!
Old 05-10-2006, 06:00 AM   #77
In an evening of July...

Did you all get the mail because you mailed them first, or is everyone supposed to get one?
Old 05-10-2006, 06:12 AM   #78
Super Moderator

I hadn't contacted them at all.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:13 AM   #79
Grumpy & bitter man

Yeah, me neither.

Funny though, item has been shipped, while there is still no sign of charge on my credit card balance.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:59 AM   #80

Mine was shipped too! Hope it ships from Ireland, that would mean it will arrive on monday