You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Dreamfall: Funcom Online Shop

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2006, 08:25 AM   #21
Super Moderator

If the undercover Funcom guys can make my LE version ship early, they can have a cookie
Old 04-26-2006, 12:31 PM   #22
In an evening of July...

Now this is good news. I just ordered the LE from Funcom. Nice to know that they are aware of the moans and groans about their shop's delivery time and bother to improve their service.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:43 PM   #23

My sister e-mailed Funcom @ Asknet on April 26th (today/yesterday) to tell them to cancel our orders... Well... today (still April 26th) I get a shipping confirmation e-mail saying my order has shipped! So much for bugging my sister to cancel the orders... My order is shipping from Ohio also, and at this point, I'm pretty confident that I'll be getting the U.S. version, which does not have Starforce on it... I hope. I really hope that I can keep this shipment and don't have to send it back for a refund...
Old 04-27-2006, 03:03 AM   #24
Grah! Grah!

How are you all telling where your copies shipped from?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:30 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkface
How are you all telling where your copies shipped from?
I was able to tell that my copy shipped from Ohio, by looking up the UPS tracking number, that I received in the e-mail.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:59 AM   #26
Grah! Grah!

Hmm, I didn't get any tracking number. I wonder if that means anything. Probably that it wasn't shipped from the US, at any rate.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:19 AM   #27
Bad command or file name

Funcom has a distrobution point in Ohio. I remember being surprised when the Anarchy Online Soundtrack Vol 2 I ordered through them shipped from my home state.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 06:05 AM   #28
Shai-Hulud to you

Well, I don't know what's going on with my order. I placed it April 16, got the confirmation e-mail and everything. Now, when I login from the link provided in said e-mail it only says when I placed the order in "my account" section, plus what I paid. Where does one check if the order has shipped?
Old 05-02-2006, 07:08 PM   #29
Friendly Server Admin

Wtf? Despite the site saying "Order the DVD version today!" they shipped it to me on CD-ROM. That sucks
Old 05-02-2006, 07:19 PM   #30
Grah! Grah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiajun
Well, I don't know what's going on with my order. I placed it April 16, got the confirmation e-mail and everything. Now, when I login from the link provided in said e-mail it only says when I placed the order in "my account" section, plus what I paid. Where does one check if the order has shipped?
Maybe my response is a little late to be of any help, but... it's exactly the same with me. The only way I know my order shipped (assuming it has) is that I e-mailed them and asked.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:27 PM   #31
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

According to my Funcom account, I have no outstanding orders...

I guess they sent it? I sure hope they did!
Old 05-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #32
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
Wtf? Despite the site saying "Order the DVD version today!" they shipped it to me on CD-ROM. That sucks
THAT doesn't seem right. Hopefully the LE is DVD-only. Did you send them a complaint email?
Old 05-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #33
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
THAT doesn't seem right. Hopefully the LE is DVD-only. Did you send them a complaint email?
You bet. I mean, the game actually works either way, it just kind of irritates me that after delaying shipment and everything they didn't even ship the version they said they would.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:43 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
You bet. I mean, the game actually works either way, it just kind of irritates me that after delaying shipment and everything they didn't even ship the version they said they would.
That's called "false advertising". I wanted to cancel 'cause I thought I would be getting the DVD version with Starforce, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm very happy that I got the CD version instead, so I won't and can't complain about that. However, I DO take issue with false and misleading advertising!
Old 05-02-2006, 10:54 PM   #35
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveBear
That's called "false advertising". I wanted to cancel 'cause I thought I would be getting the DVD version with Starforce, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm very happy that I got the CD version instead, so I won't and can't complain about that. However, I DO take issue with false and misleading advertising!
Well, yeah, but given that I get the same game either way, it's really more the principle of the thing.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:08 PM   #36
fire breathing

I don't understand why their being so disorganized about all of this. Dreamfall is probably their biggest release ever and you would think they'd be really eager to provide good service and sell lots of copies....
just weird.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:53 PM   #37
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

I doubt it's their biggest release ever, still weird they have such problems.
I hope they ship my LE soon.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:16 AM   #38
In an evening of July...

For the Germans out there: Dreamfall will be available in Germany on 26. May and will include the original English dub; so unless you want the LE, just wait for the German release.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:38 AM   #39
Grah! Grah!

Hmm, I just got a shipping confirmation e-mail, nearly two weeks after they first told me it had shipped. I hope this doesn't mean it's only just shipping now...
Old 05-05-2006, 04:55 AM   #40

I have just a little suspicion that the Limited Edition has been delayed to an unspecified date...

On the game page of the Funcom Online Shop there is no more release date, while 20 days ago (when I made the order) it said that the game was supposed to ship on April 30th.

Also the Funcom support didn't reply to the email I sent a couple of days ago asking them if the game has been sent.