You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Game Suggestions Needed

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2006, 12:52 PM   #1

Default Game Suggestions Needed

Been a avid adventure games player for many years now.Favourites are Syberia 1 & 2.,Scratches,Still Life.I have a lotta adventure games i have yet to play but open to anyones suggestions on what i should play/buy next.Im tempted to try Amerzone or Longest Journey (1st one)Im a bit annoyed tonight bought Dreamfall only to find out me graphics card aint good enough.Which is one of those Intel 82845g jobs.Anyway due to the fact im using a laptop i cant do anything about it.I read on one of the messageboard that dreamfall would run on a 64mb video card (which prompt me to go out and purchase this title).But this was wrong.Anyway the other game im looking forward to is Paradise out in next few days.Anyone know if my pc will be ok to run this

system requirements

P4 2.80Ghtz
512mb ram
60Gb Harddisk
Windows Xp Home
Intel 82845g Graphics Card ( btw i hate this graphics card but nothing i can do)

I would get new pc but i dont have the money right now as i lost me job.Hence the reason im p***d at wasting money on Dreamfall.Oh well hope system requirements aint so high on the other 2 games im waiting for Barrow Hill & Paradise

Regards Mat

Ps ive been reading topics on here a long time and just thought to join up
Old 04-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

You should really play TLJ if you liked Still life and Syberia.. you just mentioned some of my favourite games, and Longest Journey is one of my top favourites.

It sucks that you can't play Dreamfall

You could also try Keepsake, only logical puzzles, but I like it..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 04-23-2006, 01:50 PM   #3

I ll try that keepsake out i think well i ll download the demo.Ive also started scratches for the 4th time.Thats me fav game now alongside syberia 1& 2 lol.Shame about Dreamfall but i got plenty of other games i gotta get through
Old 04-23-2006, 01:57 PM   #4
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

The Keepsake demo I played (the first one) SUCKED! It nearly made me not buy the game. I haven't tried the second one, but keep in mind that the game is better than what they show you, and the puzzles are better..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 04-23-2006, 01:58 PM   #5

The Bone games should run fine on your laptop. The freeware AGS adventures too...
Old 04-23-2006, 06:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathall1
Been a avid adventure games player for many years now.Favourites are Syberia 1 & 2.,Scratches,Still Life.I have a lotta adventure games i have yet to play but open to anyones suggestions on what i should play/buy next.Im tempted to try Amerzone or Longest Journey (1st one)Im a bit annoyed tonight bought Dreamfall only to find out me graphics card aint good enough.Which is one of those Intel 82845g jobs.Anyway due to the fact im using a laptop i cant do anything about it.I read on one of the messageboard that dreamfall would run on a 64mb video card (which prompt me to go out and purchase this title).But this was wrong.Anyway the other game im looking forward to is Paradise out in next few days.Anyone know if my pc will be ok to run this

system requirements

P4 2.80Ghtz
512mb ram
60Gb Harddisk
Windows Xp Home
Intel 82845g Graphics Card ( btw i hate this graphics card but nothing i can do)

I would get new pc but i dont have the money right now as i lost me job.Hence the reason im p***d at wasting money on Dreamfall.Oh well hope system requirements aint so high on the other 2 games im waiting for Barrow Hill & Paradise

Regards Mat

Ps ive been reading topics on here a long time and just thought to join up
When it comes to vid cards, you should always go w/ ATI or NVidia, from now on.....those are the most supported cards by game developers -- and yes, even consoles, these days are packing usually ATI (X-Box 360) or NVidia (the original XBox and the upcoming PS3).

Personally, if you want to play lots of new games (which seem to be getting quite high especially on the vid card requirements), I'd suggest you upgrade the RAM to 1 GB and change the vid card to something NVidia or ATI based that supports Pixel Shader; so, probably at least a GeForce 6000 series card or an ATI Radeon 9800 card.

I'm not in the laptop scene really, but I think they have Mobility chips for that series of cards, I believe...
Old 04-23-2006, 07:44 PM   #7

You can't upgrade the vid card of a laptop, MysterD. Mobility chips come integrated onto the motherboard and there's no AGP, PCI/PCI Express slot.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by such great heights
You can't upgrade the vid card of a laptop, MysterD. Mobility chips come integrated onto the motherboard and there's no AGP, PCI/PCI Express slot.
Oh, that bites.

I do remember some Alienwares being made that were packing some of the big desktop cards. but were killing batteries in a matter or no time.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:27 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Play The Longest Journey. One of my favorite games ever. And then when/if you do get to play Dreamfall, you will have played the first one.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #10
Master of time and space

I'm going to go and recommend Myst II (Riven) and Myst IV (Revelation). Just because they are so well done. If you like Still Life the puzzles should be right up your alley. The story of Revelation is also really good, but the emphasis is on the puzzles.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:16 PM   #11
Roman5

Sherlock Holmes - The case of the silver earring. I've just returned to playing it and I must say, I'm enjoying it more than when I started. I find myself getting stumped now and then, but when I see the solution which is usually one tiny detail I didn't think about or missed, I kick myself. But yeah, it's pretty good and worth a shot.