You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Keepsake review at Gamespot

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2006, 04:08 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
It seems every time they review anything, someone starts a thread on it.
I bet you thought I started this thread when you saw the title.

---

Anyway, GameSpot is one of the most visited gaming websites in the world. We have to pay attention to what they rate games, because that is the score most mainstream gamers are going to be looking at and judging adventure games on.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:21 PM   #22
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
I don't understand what people's fascination is with Gamespot, period. It seems every time they review anything, someone starts a thread on it. They're second only to Tim Schafer around here for having their every word followed religiously. I mean, they've got their own forums if people really want to comment on their reviews.
Jealous
Old 04-24-2006, 04:35 PM   #23
Hopeful skeptic

I couldn't be less jealous of Gamespot, or any other site. I read Gamespot reviews regularly, and usually find them to be a credible site. But they have their site, we have ours. People know where Gamespot is. I doubt anyone comes to AG for Gamespot news, and they certainly shouldn't be coming here to criticize (or praise) their reviews on a now-regular basis. I'd be saying the same thing if people kept discussing our reviews over on their forums.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:32 PM   #24

Quote:
I read Gamespot reviews regularly, and usually find them to be a credible site.
I agree. I find them a very credible site, as well.

Quote:
But they have their site, we have ours. People know where Gamespot is. I doubt anyone comes to AG for Gamespot news, and they certainly shouldn't be coming here to criticize (or praise) their reviews on a now-regular basis. I'd be saying the same thing if people kept discussing our reviews over on their forums.
As much as I do like Gamespot, I have disagreed w/ their reviews before. For example, I was never too fond of their Doom 3 PC review from Kasavin -- as much as Greg complained about the game in the review recently, he still scored it w/ a high 8.5. And from reading their Shadow of Destiny review on the PC, 7.7 seems low based on what they said in the review, I think.

But hey, even if I don't always agree w/ GameSpot -- I still think they're a great site. I get a lot of good reviews and info off them; yup just like I do here at AG.

And hey, I didn't agree w/ your site's Post Mortem review -- but I still dig this place and like to read your reviews here. I definitely agreed w/ ya TLJ review, though.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:46 AM   #25
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I agree with Jackal, stop moaning about Gamespot here, do it in their forums.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives