Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Dreamfall Excitement Begins (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/14446-dreamfall-excitement-begins.html)

eriq 03-30-2006 07:34 PM

Dreamfall Excitement Begins

Everything about this game screams AMAZING. I have been following this production from day one and I'm so looking forward to immersing myself fully. In my opinion, this is the first full 3D graphic adventure game that looks like a classic. The animation looks fluid. The atmosphere looks fantastic and unique. The music sounds cinematic. This is simply a top notch studio production. I can't wait. I wish it was coming out yesterday.

The art direction and the simply... grand presentation of it all - the screens and especially the promotional materials - are exactly the kind of quality this genre needs. This team has just got it down. They're one of the only teams that's doing what the old studios like Sierra and LucasArts used to do - create an exciting full-blown adventure experience!

THIS is what I call an adventure game ad!! WOOO!

http://www.eriq.net/adventuregamers/dreamfall_ad.jpg

eriq 03-30-2006 07:35 PM

WOOOOO! WHO'S EXCITED?!!

http://www.eriq.net/adventuregamers/...ll_screens.jpg

Melanie68 03-30-2006 07:57 PM

Me!!!! :)

bysmitty 03-30-2006 08:13 PM

I loved TLJ to death but I'm going to hold off on picking up Dreamfall until after I play a demo, read a few user reviews, and a few professional reviews. At this point, I am not sure if this game is for me yet or not. Here is to hoping. I too wish it was released yesterday just so I can find out if it can live up to my expectations or not. Hot damn I hope it is everything I want it to be.

Give us a classic Funcom.

...bysmitty

Burge 03-30-2006 08:50 PM

*raises hand*

Iceadventure 03-30-2006 09:01 PM

Any news on when a demo will be released.

Kurufinwe 03-30-2006 09:52 PM

I'm waiting for my new computer. I hate all those who don't need one and will be able to play the game before me. Stop talking about it now. :shifty:

jjacob 03-30-2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceadventure
Any news on when a demo will be released.

If there will be one, AFTER release, that much has been said by Ragnar.

insane_cobra 03-30-2006 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
I'm waiting for my new computer. I hate all those who don't need one and will be able to play the game before me. Stop talking about it now. :shifty:

My PC will do just fine, but seems like I'll have to import it, especially if European version ships with SF. So maybe you'll still get to play it before me. :shifty:

Intrepid Homoludens 03-30-2006 10:45 PM

:shifty: Gawd, my Xbox is licking its lips at me across the room for Dreamfall.

jjacob 03-30-2006 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane_cobra
My PC will do just fine, but seems like I'll have to import it, especially if European version ships with SF. So maybe you'll still get to play it before me. :shifty:

Any confirmation on this? In that case I'll cancel my pre-order and ship it from elsewhere..

insane_cobra 03-30-2006 11:43 PM

No no no, absolutely NO confirmation, I said IF. It all depends on Micro Application.

Kurufinwe 03-30-2006 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane_cobra
No no no, absolutely NO confirmation, I said IF. It all depends on Micro Application.

... which put it on the French version of Keepsake (but they may change their mind for Dreamfall, of course).

Panthera 03-31-2006 04:36 AM

DREAMFALL, DREAMFALL, DREAMFALL *running around chair*

Puh, now I'm exausted, but I'm so happy.. :D

But I'm sad that my computer only qualifies for the minimum.. :frown:

About the demo, If there will be a demo (he hasn't really confirmed this) I'm guessing it will be released after a few months, when the sales drop.. He has many times voiced his opinion about why there isn't a demo - ruin the game experience for the ppl. who play it, so I think he will first release the demo after all the fans have bought the game..

Aj_ 03-31-2006 05:03 AM

All the publishers I know that will publish Dreamfall have used StarForce on other games, that's the US, European, and Scandinavian. No one at Funcom has known anything, and the publishers never advertise it.

The US publisher, Aspyr, has said they will not use Starforce on Spell Force 2.

Panthera 03-31-2006 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aj_
All the publishers I know that will publish Dreamfall have used StarForce on other games, that's the US, European, and Scandinavian. No one at Funcom has known anything, and the publishers never advertise it.

The US publisher, Aspyr, has said they will not use Starforce on Spell Force 2.

IIIK, now you scared the shit out of me.. I already have starforce (as posted before because of Still Life), but I don't want to support game companies that use Starforce.. Now I'm in a bit of a squize.. I really want this game but I don' want to support starforce.. AAAAHH *being ripped in two..* :\ :frusty:

Naveed 03-31-2006 05:15 AM

Come on guys, don't go into this starforce crap again. I have been playing Starforce enabled games and never had a single issue, and I have yet to meet a single person whose computer actually got blown due to Starforce. Starforce has its problems but it gets much worse press. IF Dreamfall is shipped with Starforce, then nothing can be done at this time, so let's just support the game, forget Starforce.

Aj_ 03-31-2006 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naveed
I have been playing Starforce enabled games and never had a single issue, and I have yet to meet a single person whose computer actually got blown due to Starforce.

So there must be no problems.
Quote:

Starforce has its problems but it gets much worse press.
Because said press report on the problems that don't exist?
Quote:

IF Dreamfall is shipped with Starforce, then nothing can be done at this time
You can not buy the game.
Quote:

so let's just support the game, forget Starforce.
Get the game, support Starforce.

Dale Baldwin 03-31-2006 05:43 AM

I still support Naveed's sentiment that the Starforce complaints etc be left out of this thread as much as possible though, please. :)

insane_cobra 03-31-2006 05:52 AM

Yes, we'll bitch if Dreamfall gets released with it, but let's leave it alone for now. All those companies have also published games that don't use StarForce, haven't they?