You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Dreamfall Excitement Begins

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2006, 01:43 AM   #61
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianWerner
I'm afraid also. Even assuming the game will be amazing..you will still be horribly dissapoited when after mere 15hrs or less you will see the ending credits

You don't know what 15 hours of game time can mean if you are also studying for 6-7 APs in school at the same time.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-01-2006, 02:14 AM   #62
Elder

Send a message via MSN to RaMa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
Trust me

(and RaMa)
Yep.

[hypnotic_voice]Truuuuust meeeee![/hypnotic_voice]

And Doug .

Last edited by RaMa; 04-01-2006 at 03:18 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:26 AM   #63
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by After a brisk nap
"Would have been better as a point-and-click game."

Grim Fandango should not be the poster child for direct-control adventure games, I think.
It's not really the question of whether Grim direct control worked well (I thought it did, by the way), but whether it somehow made it a less of an adventure. Every now and then, someone pops up with the "adventure games have to be point'n'click" claim, invalidating not just every game that tried to have a more original interface, but also the whole legacy of Zorks and King's Quests that laid foundation for the genre.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:57 AM   #64
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
In other words, ..
In better words, they're doing the same as the people behind such games as "Colossal Cave", "King's Quest" or "Maniac Mansion" did before: Their own thing. Yay!
Old 04-01-2006, 03:29 AM   #65
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianWerner
Even assuming the game will be amazing..you will still be horribly dissapoited when after mere 15hrs or less you will see the ending credits
Ok grandma. Seriously. Don't you sound like the bitter old jaded adventure gamer. Get with it! This release looks fabulous. Stop comparing. Stop going into it with all these preconceived negative thoughts. Smile! You'll see.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:19 AM   #66
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Eriq, let the man grumble, it's a free country... er forum.
All heads can't think alike. If AdrianWerner here, doesn't like it, or certain parts of it, let him get it off his chest... It won't make YOU, me or most of others here like the game any less, will it?
Old 04-01-2006, 05:23 AM   #67
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
You don't know what 15 hours of game time can mean if you are also studying for 6-7 APs in school at the same time.

-
Or prelims. Stupid exams ...

And I'm distinctly not liking the not quite lack of preorder availability in the UK. I've yet to find a UK site with box art, and I've even yet to find a UK site that can tell me who's publishing the damn thing .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Last edited by RLacey; 04-01-2006 at 05:29 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:13 AM   #68

Send a message via Yahoo to Marius

For all those that are scared the game might not live up to the (very) high expectations - for me it's enough to listen to the samples of music from Dreamfall to make all my fears go away. That music really soothes my soul , especially the piece "Music from Stark" - the singer has a great voice (BTW, who is she?).

And then the piece that accompanies the loading screen, that is gorgeous too, so dramatic and with a strong cinematic feel to it. I can almost see the camera flying over the buildings of Arcadia and Stark if I close my eyes And now look, that gorgeous glittering river down there, fly down through that great sculpted portal over there, dip your hand in the water so cool, oohooooo, and now back among the fluffy clouds, fly along with the seagulls...

Ahem, I'll stop my raving now and get back to the bottom of my cave. Somebody call me out when Dreamfall is upon us.
Until then, good night and goodbye. To quote a character from Broken Saints - "if I die now I die happy, because I believe".
Old 04-01-2006, 06:51 AM   #69
gaybrush threepwoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFX
Eriq, let the man grumble, it's a free country... er forum.
oh please. If people are going to bitch and moan and bring the game down, I'm going to do just the opposite. For once there's something really cool coming out. And as usual, there are people complaining about playing times and a bunch of other fluff for a title that hasn't even been released yet.

tired.... boring.... jaded gamersssssss..... (snore)

Last edited by eriq; 04-01-2006 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:07 AM   #70
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

The other day I pre-ordered Dreamfall, Paradise, and the american version of Keepsake - predicted shipping date for all three - April 10-17, arrival date - April 13-22. I don't know if those dates will hold up, but I'm really psyched!

Lynsie
Old 04-01-2006, 07:12 AM   #71
gaybrush threepwoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
The other day I pre-ordered Dreamfall, Paradise, and the american version of Keepsake - predicted shipping date for all three - April 10-17, arrival date - April 13-22. I don't know if those dates will hold up, but I'm really psyched!
Did you order my copies too? wow. Wouldn't that be great if they all arrived together? You would have a graphicadventure-gasm.

Last edited by eriq; 04-01-2006 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:30 AM   #72
gaybrush threepwoody

Last edited by eriq; 04-01-2006 at 07:40 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:11 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7

-
That's why I'm waiting until school's out (or after the AP exams) to even think about buying Dreamfall.

Seems like it's going to be a great game, though. I hope there's a demo!!
Old 04-01-2006, 09:28 AM   #74
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq
Did you order my copies too? wow. Wouldn't that be great if they all arrived together? You would have a graphicadventure-gasm.
I practically am in anticipation!

Lynsie
Old 04-01-2006, 11:13 AM   #75
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius
For all those that are scared the game might not live up to the (very) high expectations - for me it's enough to listen to the samples of music from Dreamfall to make all my fears go away. That music really soothes my soul , especially the piece "Music from Stark" - the singer has a great voice (BTW, who is she?).
Ragnar told us who the singer was, I think, but I can't remember

There will be a soundtrack, though. In fact, I believe he told us there might be two.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #76
Elder

Send a message via MSN to RaMa

Two? Why is that?
Old 04-01-2006, 11:50 AM   #77
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

One for him and one for the composer?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #78
Friendly Server Admin

I think it was going to be a version with the vocal tracks, and then one with the score. Bear in mind this news is all filtered through a mist of caffeine and exhaustion, so don't neccesarily believe anything I say.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
I think it was going to be a version with the vocal tracks, and then one with the score. Bear in mind this news is all filtered through a mist of caffeine and exhaustion, so don't neccesarily believe anything I say.
I thought is was supposed to be one orchestral and one electronic... or something like that..
Old 04-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #80
Dreamfall Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther

Lynsie
Same here but I got a delivery date of April 13-24 for Paradise and a delivery date of April 17-26 for Dreamfall and Keepsake. I'm also waiting for Crime Stories and CSI 3 which are set for delivery April 26-28. This is going to be a long month! At least I can play Paradise while waiting for the rest.