You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Dreamfall Excitement Begins

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2006, 06:03 AM   #21
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq
WOOOOO! WHO'S EXCITED?!!
Well, you've definitely got me excited!

....and the game doesn't look bad either.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 03-31-2006, 06:06 AM   #22
Burning

Quote:
Yes, we'll bitch if Dreamfall gets released with it, but let's leave it alone for now. All those companies have also published games that don't use StarForce, haven't they?
I agree. I havn't been this excited about the release of an adventure game since the release of EMI and that was six years ago. I can't ruin this by moaning about a stupid copy protection scheme that developers do not even have control on. Let the Dreamfall be and it will be all light
Old 03-31-2006, 06:22 AM   #23
Headbanger

*screams like a little girl and faints*
Old 03-31-2006, 08:39 AM   #24
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed
I agree. I havn't been this excited about the release of an adventure game since the release of EMI and that was six years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob
Well, you've definitely got me excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke
*screams like a little girl and faints*
That's the spirit baby! WOOOOOOOOO! GRAPHIC ADVENTURE GRAPHIC ADVENTURE GRAPHIC ADVENTURE!

<shakes imaginary tits at monitor>

Dreamfall Dreamfall Dreamfall!
Old 03-31-2006, 09:31 AM   #25
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq
<shakes imaginary tits at monitor>
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-31-2006, 10:10 AM   #26
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I love TLJ so much, I'll probably be getting both versions of Dreamfall. The game screams amazingness. Even if it has flaws, its the sequel to TLJ, need I know more?!

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 03-31-2006, 10:50 AM   #27
headless

Exactly, even if I knew nothing else about it, I'd still have to have it!

BTW, has anybody seen RaMa?

Oh, I forgot, I know what he does - just visit Black House, look at the most recent news post... and suffer with me... even if it's 'only' the preview version.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:53 AM   #28
Artist

Send a message via AIM to TekXombie Send a message via MSN to TekXombie Send a message via Yahoo to TekXombie

My PC is screaming for it!
Old 03-31-2006, 11:42 AM   #29
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I wonder if we've be able to really max out the games' graphics capabilities, because it would be a shame if it didnt use all the latest technology that PC are capable of.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 03-31-2006, 12:29 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed
Come on guys, don't go into this starforce crap again. I have been playing Starforce enabled games and never had a single issue, and I have yet to meet a single person whose computer actually got blown due to Starforce. Starforce has its problems but it gets much worse press. IF Dreamfall is shipped with Starforce, then nothing can be done at this time, so let's just support the game, forget Starforce.
Don't want to side-track this thread into a SF one, but SF wrecked one of my DVD writers so I'm inclined to skip this game if it ships with SF I could ofcourse always buy the game and then download the SF free version illegally (which would sort of clear my conscience ) and play that one (seeing as though Reloaded just released SF3 reverse-engineering tools, making it easy for every scriptkiddie to rid a game of SF). Alternatively I'd have to buy the xbox version (which I really don't want to) or just skip the game entirely.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:46 PM   #31
Dreamfall Soon!

I'm so excited for this game!! I really, really hope that I'm not disappointed. I've literally been waiting for this since the final second of TLJ.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:49 PM   #32
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Someone emailed Aspyr and like their changed policy with Spell Force 2, they will not be using Starforce for any upcoming games. The other publishers I know are publishing Dreamfall are KE Media(Scandinavia) and Micro Application(the rest of Europe and some outside Europe).
Old 03-31-2006, 01:48 PM   #33
Lazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
I'm waiting for my new computer. I hate all those who don't need one and will be able to play the game before me. Stop talking about it now.
what's the min req?
Old 03-31-2006, 05:24 PM   #34

I actually growing more concerned with this game. It looks like they completely changed the gameplay, it doesn't look point & click at all. It's totally different than TLJ, it seems. When will people learn, the story is only half the fun, for me it's like 10% of the fun, it's all about the GAMEPLAY! I liked TLJ because it had good inventory puzzles, cool locations, and it was nice and long! If this is just like Broken Sword 3 style gameplay, they will have ruined it in my opinion
Old 03-31-2006, 05:28 PM   #35

Old 03-31-2006, 05:55 PM   #36
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNFknRoll
I When will people learn, the story is only half the fun, for me it's like 10% of the fun, it's all about the GAMEPLAY!
You're so right! Except that... well, TLJ didn't have much of any. Glorified audio book and such. Didn't prevent me from liking it pretty damn much, because the plotting alone is certainly engaging enough to carry you through. But I'd be surprised if "Dreamfall" won't end up being a thousand times more amazing, interactive and immersive than its predecessor.

Quote:
I liked TLJ because it had good inventory puzzles,
It didn't. Well, okay, they were reasonably thought-out (some of them, at least). But honestly...

Last edited by samIamsad; 03-31-2006 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:09 PM   #37
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
You're so right! Except that... well, TLJ didn't have much of any. Glorified audio book and such. Didn't prevent me from liking it pretty damn much. But I'd be surprised if "Dreamfall" won't end up being a thousand times more amazing, interactive and immersive than its predecessor.
I'm a big fan of TLJ, but gameplay and inventory puzzles it did not have in plentiful supply. Some of them were great, I liked using a screwdriver's magnetism to cheat the cups handler. Some of them were goddamn awful, the duck, line, and clamp contraption.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:30 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
You're so right! Except that... well, TLJ didn't have much of any. Glorified audio book and such. Didn't prevent me from liking it pretty damn much, because the plotting alone is certainly engaging enough to carry you through. But I'd be surprised if "Dreamfall" won't end up being a thousand times more amazing, interactive and immersive than its predecessor.

It didn't. Well, okay, they were reasonably thought-out (some of them, at least). But honestly...
No, TLJ wasn't perfect. It doesn't compare to the legends like Monkey Island. But it was an adventure game in the classic style with modern updates, and was enjoyable because of that.

Games like Broken Sword 3, where it has action-style controls and the puzzles consist of clicking the "action" button when it tells you to and pushing crates around are absolutely NOT worthy adventure games in my opinion. They can be amusing, but the way I see it, the point & click format is essential for the right kind of adventure puzzles.

Indigo Prophecy is a really cool game, and a lot of fun. But again, I still think there's a place for the traditional point & click adventure and would be really disappointed to see Dreamfall abandon that.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:33 PM   #39
Friendly Server Admin

There are no crates in Dreamfall. And if point and click is essential, what did you think about Grim Fandango?
Old 03-31-2006, 07:40 PM   #40
Elegantly copy+pasted

"Would have been better as a point-and-click game."

Grim Fandango should not be the poster child for direct-control adventure games, I think.