You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Hello! Newbie here... :)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2006, 05:35 AM   #1

Default Hello! Newbie here... :)

Well everyone, My name is Anderson, i´m 20 years old (will be 21 in may), and I´ve just registered here...

I live in Brazil...(yeah, kinda far...lol)
And i´ve got a big favor to ask you guys...I´m just DYING to play broken sword...all of them...and I can´t find it anywhere!

Here in Brazil is even harder, cuz as it didn´t become a success here (problably because of the foreign language problem), you can´t find it to sell anymore.

I´ve tried to download it from emule, torrents...and it always gave me headaches (didn´t work right)

So...i´m humbly asking for your help...please?
Old 04-12-2006, 05:42 AM   #2
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Sold-Out Software sell the first two Broken Sword games in a double pack (on DVD) for £4.99 GBP, and they offer worldwide postage .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-12-2006, 05:44 AM   #3
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Oh, and welcome!

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-12-2006, 05:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Sold-Out Software sell the first two Broken Sword games in a double pack (on DVD) for £4.99 GBP, and they offer worldwide postage .

I don´t have a DVD Rom...and It would be kinda expensive to buy it...
The postage, and the money (from our monetary system to the website´s one) transfer wouldn´t make it cheap...

I wonder if there isn´t anywhere I could try to download it...And burn it on cd...
Old 04-12-2006, 06:14 AM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum.

Downloading software (even old software) without the consent of the copyright holder is illegal. We don't allow links to those sorts of downloads here. Sorry.

You could check out Beneath a Steel Sky, which was made by the same company as the Broken Sword games and released as a free download a few years ago.

Otherwise, I'm afraid eBay is your best (legal) bet for finding the Broken Sword games.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Welcome to the forum.

Downloading software (even old software) without the consent of the copyright holder is illegal. We don't allow links to those sorts of downloads here. Sorry.

You could check out Beneath a Steel Sky, which was made by the same company as the Broken Sword games and released as a free download a few years ago.

Otherwise, I'm afraid eBay is your best (legal) bet for finding the Broken Sword games.
Oh okay...sorry...
I know it´s illegal, but...I want it so bad...and I can´t find it anywhere
Old 04-12-2006, 06:58 AM   #7
By Jove I've got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov

Welcome! Fov is totally right - E-bay is your best bet - however - I may have a spare copy of BS1 at home, I will check tonight and if I do i will post back in here and it's yours...

P.S. Don't download games unless they are on freeware - not only is it seriously illegal - they can also carry bugs that will ruin your PC and cost you a hefty sum to repare.

P.P.S. Found it on Amazon.com - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...venturegame-20 try this...

P.P.P.S I turn 30 in May so looks like we both have a big one coming up - Happy Birthday when it comes!

Last edited by aBoyinPERIL; 04-12-2006 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:11 AM   #8
Explorer of the uncharted

Yo bro! Good to see another sheep in the flock, just don't go and burn your self on torrents.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1985
Well everyone, My name is Anderson, i´m 20 years old (will be 21 in may), and I´ve just registered here...
Welcome!
Quote:
I live in Brazil...(yeah, kinda far...lol)
And i´ve got a big favor to ask you guys...
Kinda far from what?
Quote:
I´m just DYING to play broken sword...all of them...and I can´t find it anywhere!

Here in Brazil is even harder, cuz as it didn´t become a success here (problably because of the foreign language problem), you can´t find it to sell anymore.

I´ve tried to download it from emule, torrents...and it always gave me headaches (didn´t work right)

So...i´m humbly asking for your help...please?
Well ofcourse we can't condone piracy (esp. of AGs ) let alone support it, but I'd recommend you search sites like eBay and Amazon.com and see if they offer it at a decent price. Also, a decent DVD drive doesn't cost much more than $15-$30, and I'm sure you can buy one at a local shop. It'd be money well spent since most games come on DVD these days (well, except in the U.S.), that way you could get the sold-out version RLacey linked to
Old 04-12-2006, 08:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBoyinPERIL
Welcome! Fov is totally right - E-bay is your best bet - however - I may have a spare copy of BS1 at home, I will check tonight and if I do i will post back in here and it's yours...

P.S. Don't download games unless they are on freeware - not only is it seriously illegal - they can also carry bugs that will ruin your PC and cost you a hefty sum to repare.

P.P.S. Found it on Amazon.com - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...venturegame-20 try this...

P.P.P.S I turn 30 in May so looks like we both have a big one coming up - Happy Birthday when it comes!

OMG! REALLY? you could give me your copy? I´d love it!
Yeah i´ll be 21 in May 22...

My problem is living here in Brazil...the shipment is awful! I mean...everything is so expensive! And I just want it soooooooooooooooo bad...lol...
If you can help me...i´ll be eternally grateful...

Oh...and If anyone wants to add me on msn, feel free [email protected]
and on yahoo [email protected]
Old 04-12-2006, 08:03 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
Welcome!

Kinda far from what?

Well ofcourse we can't condone piracy (esp. of AGs ) let alone support it, but I'd recommend you search sites like eBay and Amazon.com and see if they offer it at a decent price. Also, a decent DVD drive doesn't cost much more than $15-$30, and I'm sure you can buy one at a local shop. It'd be money well spent since most games come on DVD these days (well, except in the U.S.), that way you could get the sold-out version RLacey linked to
A DVD drive costs here around 180 to 250 reais...(that´s Brazil´s monetary system)...
See what I mean by expensive?
The difference is too big...
Old 04-12-2006, 08:43 AM   #12

Quote:
A DVD drive costs here around 180 to 250 reais...(that´s Brazil´s monetary system)...
See what I mean by expensive?
The difference is too big...
.... okay I see what you mean, that's like 80€ or something, W-T-F?

Anyway, there are loads of CD-ROM BS games on eBay, though I don't know about the shipping costs to Brazil..

I'd give you my copies if I didn't love the games so damn much
Old 04-12-2006, 10:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
.... okay I see what you mean, that's like 80€ or something, W-T-F?

Anyway, there are loads of CD-ROM BS games on eBay, though I don't know about the shipping costs to Brazil..

I'd give you my copies if I didn't love the games so damn much
Awwwwwwwww...you´re all most kind! Thank you...I wish there were some easier way though

Oh, and thank you all for the welcome! Lovin it here!

I had the first game...the first broken sword...it was a copy of the original version...but it broke before I could finish it...and I found it by surprise...But I want to finish the first and second ones...and then the third one...
*Sighs*...
Old 04-12-2006, 10:43 AM   #14
By Jove I've got it!

Quote:

My problem is living here in Brazil...the shipment is awful! I mean...everything is so expensive! And I just want it soooooooooooooooo bad...lol...
If you can help me...i´ll be eternally grateful...
Hey Andy - just home from work and guess what, I don't have another copy of BS1 ...however I do have a second copy of BS2 which I take it you haven't played yet. So it's yours (and don't worry, it's on CD), and hopefully some other kind soul out there will be able to help you with BS1. If not I'm sure e-bay will see you okay...

E-mail me your address to [email protected] and I'll send it to you. Don't worry about shipping - let's call it an early birthday present on behalf of me and the other Adventure Gamers.

Last edited by aBoyinPERIL; 04-12-2006 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #15
Super Moderator

If you look at the Sold Out Software site, the Broken Sword 1 they have on sale (NOT the double pack but the single copy) is on CD-ROM.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:44 AM   #16
Schättenjager

I suggest play these 2 games with scummvm coz asks way too much
cd swap ok.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:10 PM   #17

That is very nice of you to send him the game.
If only everyone was like that.
Enjoy the game Andy. And Happy early birthday too you both.

Cathy
Old 04-12-2006, 02:48 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Quote:
i´m 20 years old (will be 21 in may)
Same here. Except mine is May 5.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy1
That is very nice of you to send him the game.
If only everyone was like that.
Enjoy the game Andy. And Happy early birthday too you both.

Cathy
I have to agree Cathy...I wish everyone were this kind...
But every day people get worse...unfortunatelly

Anyway, I´m really happy and really thankful for what aboyinperil is doing...

And thanks for all of you as well for trying to help me...it really means a lot...

I think i´ll just have to search some more for the first cd though...

This is one of the best birthday presents i´ve ever had...and I won´t forget!

I was working at a gaming website...I had to make previews, reviews...and I was really sad cuz I was fired for no reason...
My manager just found out she needs someone with technological expertise and not a journalist...I was really sad...but now i´m really happy cuz at least I just found something I was looking for...thank you all!

Oh! And nice easter for everyone...i´m going to my mom´s now...(Since we never got quite along, we live separatedly)
Hope you all have a nice holliday!
Old 04-14-2006, 02:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813
Same here. Except mine is May 5.
Cool! So we´ve got some taurus and geminis here, huh?