Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Daily adventurer report thread (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/1426-daily-adventurer-report-thread.html)

CrimsonBlue 12-27-2003 06:11 AM

Daily adventurer report thread

I just thought I'd liven up the place a bit, so I made a topic perfect for achieving a high number of posts (yeah, that's REALLY important :p) and some way of getting an overview of what adventuregames that are just started, currently being played or completed. I thought we'd use a certain system, just to keep things tidy. If there's anything you want to say or ask, write it below the standard set-up. I have a simple question in addition to the "report", so use my first post as an example.

December 27th 2003

Recently completed: Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers
Just Completed: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within
About to/just start(ed): Gabriel Knight 3 - Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned

Question: Are there any problems I might experience on GK3 that could prevent me from finishing the game? Are there any patches that will render my saves useless so I have to start the game anew if I experience problems? And is there any way of getting subtitles in this game?

Let the games begin!

Tanukitsune 12-27-2003 06:48 AM

December 27th 2003

Recently completed: Sanitarium
Just Completed: Full Throttle
About to/just start(ed): Beyond Good & Evil

BTW GK 3 didn't give me any troubles, but I played it a long time ago so I don't remember...

Kolzig 12-27-2003 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue
Question: Are there any problems I might experience on GK3 that could prevent me from finishing the game? Are there any patches that will render my saves useless so I have to start the game anew if I experience problems? And is there any way of getting subtitles in this game?

Let the games begin!

I have never seen a patch for GK3, maybe because it doesn't need patches, quite a perfect game in many ways. :)

December 27th 2003

Recently completed:-
Just Completed:-
Just started: Broken Sword 3
Started a long time ago: Runaway, Syberia, Broken Sword 1

nordic_guy 12-27-2003 09:58 AM

December 27th
Recently completed:- Broken Sword 3

Non-adventure:
Just started:- PoP: Sands of Time

BacardiJim 12-27-2003 10:05 AM

People who are concerned with increasing their post count have a serious problem with their lifestyle that they should be spending their time analyzing instead of wasting it away on the computer and I refuse to participate in aiding and abetting someone else's shortcomings. :D

[EDIT: Errr... this is just my bizarre sense of humor at work, don't take offense.]

jannar85 12-27-2003 10:20 AM

Recently completed: Don't remember
Just Completed: Jack Orlando
About to/just start(ed): Broken Sword 3, The Black Mirror, Post Mortem

Garyos 12-27-2003 11:09 AM

December 27th 2003

Recently completed: Don't remember (EDIT: Uru, of course....)
Just Completed: Broken Sword 3
About to/just start(ed): Syberia, Beyond Good & Evil, Silent Hill 2

wow, I'm envying you, playing GK3 for the first time... I think I have to play through that one (once) again some day soon....

Mimus 12-27-2003 01:01 PM

Recently completed: 'Broken Sword 3'
Just Completed: 'In Memoriam'
Just Started: 'Runaway', 'Salammbo', and 'Mysterious Journey 2'
About to Start: 'Journey To the Center of the Earth' and 'The Black Mirror'

// EDIT: :D
Been in the middle of for over 6 months and should really get around to finishing sometime: 'The Last Express', 'The Ward' and 'The Nomad Soul'

Tamara 12-27-2003 02:48 PM

Recently completed: None
Just (re) completed: Broken Sword 1 - ahh the memories!
Just (re) started: Sam and Max - ahh the memories! (going through a replaying old adventure phase as you can see. DOTT is next)
Just sort of started but will continue later: The Last Express - for someone with such a non existent sense of orientation as me (you could pretty much call it spatial dyslexia) the game is unplayable - I got irretrievably lost within the first 5 mouse clicks. Which is a shame because the atmosphere was already amazing. I'll wait till my boyfriend has some time so we can play it together, with him navigating.
Just off to play.com to buy now: (:D) Broken Sword 3

Huz 12-27-2003 03:21 PM

Aha, an excellent idea for a thread - a bit like the Play/Want/Bin threads from top newsgroup uk.games.video.misc, and those things are always the most fun to read. Woo.

Recently Completed: Flight of the Amazon Queen. (Finally!)
Just Completed: breaking my Christmas present (already!)
Playing: Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker (still!). Stop hiding behind that waterfall, leaf boy! I CAN HEAR YOU!
About to start: Broken Sword 1, 2, 3 (hopefully in that order!). And F-Zero GX. :shifty:

Hiro Protagonist 12-27-2003 03:36 PM

December 27th 2003

Recently completed: Black Mirror, Eric the Unready
Just Completed: Casablanca: The Day After
Working On: Sam and Max (again)
About to/just start(ed): Leisure Suit Larry series and then back through Grim Fandango.

colpet 12-27-2003 05:36 PM

Hey Crimson Blue - Deja vu!
Recently completed - Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers, Puzz 3D
Victorian Mansion
Just completed - Gabriel Knight Beast Within, Labyrinth of Time
About to start - Gabriel Knight Blood of the Sacred

I am late to jump onto the GK bandwagon, but I'm glad I searched out these games. I found GK 1 somewhat tedious (too much dialogue for me, and the interface was cumbersome) but the story got me hooked. GK 2 was excellent, and will rank in my top ten favorite games. I have high hopes for GK 3 - may it live up to its predecessor.

peb 12-28-2003 09:35 AM

Recently completed: BS3
Just started: Uru
About to start - Runaway, Dark Fall (when I buy them)

scabb 12-28-2003 10:13 AM

Recently Completed: Broken Sword 3
Just Completed: Broken Sword, Mario Kart: Double Dash (kind of! (not really))
Currently Playing: Super Mario Sunshine

Bard09 12-28-2003 11:26 AM

Recently Completed: Uru, Runaway
Just Completed: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Currently Playing: Prince of Persia (the original, after watching my brother play the Ico'ish new one on his PS2)

BacardiJim 12-28-2003 11:31 AM

RECENTLY POSTED: Multi-player option in ZGI
JUST POSTED: Twerp who is running around the Web promoting the bootleg demo of Syberia II
CURRRENTLY POSTING: This right here.
ABOUT TO POST: God only knows.

nordic_guy 01-02-2004 03:17 AM

Currently playing: Prince of Persia: SoT
Just started: Day of the Tentacle in ScummVM ;)

Canio 01-02-2004 03:46 AM

Recently Completed: BS 3
About to Start: Journey to the Center of the Earth

Kolzig 01-02-2004 03:54 AM

2nd of January 2004

Just Completed: Broken Sword 3
Currently playing: Runaway, Syberia, Broken Sword 1

hagstrumpa 01-02-2004 06:43 AM

2 January
Currently playing: Beyond Good and Evil (PS2) and Shadow of Destiny (PS2) and BlackOut (PC)
Soon playing: BS3 (PS2)