Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Dumb question....... (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/14078-dumb-question.html)

Manhunter71 03-29-2006 03:32 PM

Dumb question.......

As the title of my post says, this is probably a dumb question, but I was wondering if US produced adventure games are compatible with UK computers:crazy:

I know that PS2 games are limited to regions but is it the same for PC games?

I really want to play "Scratches" but as far as I know it's only available in the US:frown:

tabacco 03-29-2006 03:34 PM

PC games aren't in any way region locked. The only way an imported PC game woudln't work was if it was in a language you didnt' speak :)

CoyoteAG 03-29-2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabacco
PC games aren't in any way region locked. The only way an imported PC game woudln't work was if it was in a language you didnt' speak :)

Well it would still work, right? But it probably wouldn't be very enjoyable. ;)

Manhunter71 03-29-2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabacco

I was pretty sure that was the case, I just needed to be sure.

Thanks a lot......

Mods, you can close this thread if you want:D

AFGNCAAP 03-30-2006 07:28 AM

Wow. I could swear I've read exact same question with an almost word for word identical answer from Tabacco, long ago. I can't find it, though. Am I going crazy? Is it a glitch in the Matrix? :crazy:

Naveed 03-30-2006 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Wow. I could swear I've read exact same question with an almost word for word identical answer from Tabacco, long ago. I can't find it, though. Am I going crazy? Is it a glitch in the Matrix? :crazy:

It is a memory disorder, there is a scientific term for it, but I forgot, read about it in Catch-22 :)

Jazhara7 03-30-2006 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manhunter71
As the title of my post says, this is probably a dumb question

Mansie, there are no dumb questions (well, nearly none.). There are just people that are too full of themselves and assume that because *they* know of something, they take it as granted that everyone else knows it too. And then they act pompously if someone that doesn't know that thing asks them about it.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

AudioSoldier 03-30-2006 10:56 AM

Are adventure games good? That's a dumb question.

Jazhara7 03-30-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioSoldier
Are adventure games good? That's a dumb question.

Not really. Some people might not find Adventure Games good. You are still free to disagree with them though. Everyone is allowed to form their own opinions as long as they give others the same freedom. If we start forcing our views and opinions on others, then we'll have the whole holocaust all over again.

Melanie68 03-30-2006 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Not really. Some people might not find Adventure Games good. You are still free to disagree with them though. Everyone is allowed to form their own opinions as long as they give others the same freedom. If we start forcing our views and opinions on others, then we'll have the whole holocaust all over again.

*hugs and kisses for Jaz*

You go!!! :) :) :)

Karmillo 03-30-2006 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7

What if he was talking about Good and Evil kind of good?

and in that case he doesnt say wich, he says dumb question so he could be meaning of "course they are Evil" :P

Jazhara7 03-30-2006 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karmillo
What if he was talking about Good and Evil kind of good?

and in that case he doesnt say wich, he says dumb question so he could be meaning of "course they are Evil" :P

Um...I don't think I fully understand what you are trying to say. I do see the basic concept, but I'd like you to try and specify on that a bit, in order to avoid misunderstandings.

I understood you as far as "Good and Evil". After that you must have somehow lost me...

- :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

stepurhan 03-30-2006 02:29 PM

While PC games are compatible the world over (as already discussed) one thing you have to watch out for is the different names that games appear under in different regions.

If you'd just played Broken Sword : Shadow of the Templars (European game), you might be tempted to try Circle of Blood (US game) because it sounds similar. You'd feel really silly after searching out a copy to find out its the same game.

Sounded like a perfectly sensible question to me. DVDs have regions so why not PC CD-ROMS But as Jazzy said there are no dumb questions. If you don't know something the dumb thing is NOT to ask.

tabacco 03-30-2006 02:34 PM

I think the other fear is likely about video standards.

AFGNCAAP 03-30-2006 02:45 PM

TADA! :D

(not word for word obviously, but creepily close)