You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure All time favorites

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2006, 09:18 AM   #1

Default All time favorites

1st post here. Just wanted to intoduce myself to the boards here, I've been playing adventure games for years now and I just discovered this site.

Anyways, I am going to list some really good games I have played over the years and maybe you could list your top picks as well.

Day of the Tentacle
Kyrandia series
ToonStruck
Innocent until caught
Indiana Jones series
Full throttle
Sam & max
Rex Nubular & the cosmic gender bender
Zork (i cant remember what one, it's been years. It was for mac, non text based and it had the guy in the lighthouse and the shot of rye that would send you through the roof)

Ones that I want to play but I havent gotten around to yet:

Grim Fandango
The Dig
Monkey Island series
Neverhood
Rise of the dragon
Leisure suit larry series

Does anybody have any suggestions for any other games like this this? I'm looking for a real good one I havent played yet.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:24 AM   #2
gin soaked boy

Welcome to the forums, MacGarnagle!

I'd suggest The Longest Journey, Blade Runner, Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy and Gabriel Knight series.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:34 AM   #3

Welcome McGarnagle (sounds awesome if you envision it Irish..-ly ). Anyway good taste in games, I don't feel like listing my favourites (believe it or not, but this is the gazillionth thread like this ) but I will tell you Grim Fandango and the MI series are among them Man, I wish I could erase my memory of playing them and play them all over again.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:37 AM   #4

I would recommend: Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2, Discworld, and Deathgate, in addition to the games in your "to play" list.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:37 AM   #5
Chris Barraclough

Allo, you should def check out Gabriel Knight 1 & 2. Quality games. I think the Zork game you mentioned is Return to Zork, in which case you should get Zork Nemesis and Zork Grand Inquisitor too. Nemesis is quite a serious, puzzle-based game, and Grand Inquisitor is more lighthearted and bizzare.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 03-17-2006, 10:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
Welcome McGarnagle (sounds awesome if you envision it Irish..-ly ). Anyway good taste in games, I don't feel like listing my favourites (believe it or not, but this is the gazillionth thread like this ) but I will tell you Grim Fandango and the MI series are among them Man, I wish I could erase my memory of playing them and play them all over again.
hit the nail on the head there! i fondly remember me and my wife scratching our heads over the original monkey island. the "newness" of all the brilliant and funny elements to that game was excellent. 15 years more jaded now!