You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Just bought "And Then There Were None"

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2006, 06:21 PM   #1
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Default Just bought "And Then There Were None"

The game arrived from Play a couple of days ago, and so far I'm pretty happy with my purchase.

I was worried because I had seen some negative reviews, mainly regarding the story and gameplay.

There has only been one murder so far, and it doesn't seem like game events are progressing too quickly - I've done a fair bit of exploring and talked to loads of people.

The one thing that has impressed me the most has to be the voice acting - I was expecting it to be as bad as the monotone voices in "Legacy - Dark Shadows" & "TMOS", but I was pleasantly surprised.
The voice acting wasn't award winning obviously, and some of the voices did seem a little flat, but in retrospect it's probably the best voice acting in an adventure I have heard for a good few years
Old 02-28-2006, 09:44 PM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Enjoy yourself. I had a lot of fun with this game.

I thought the story was great (of course!) and the gameplay all right. It's a pretty good adaptation, but they obviously had to cut some corners in production. My main complaint is that I wish the characters moved around a bit more. Didn't seem natural to me that they'd just stand around after a murder, waiting for Narracott to walk around and question them each one by one.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:45 PM   #3

From what I've heard in the demo the voices don't beat Still Life's, just thought I'd say that for some reason Anyway, enjoy!
Old 02-28-2006, 10:19 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure Gamers Review
Sometimes the only difficulty in these puzzles lies not in solving them, but in identifying them. This is caused by the game's clumsy triggering system, which rarely flags up the tasks you need to complete to move onto the next time block. The fact that there is a degree of non-linearity in the game exacerbates this problem, giving too much freedom which occasionally left me frustrated and wandering through the rooms, looking for clues as to the possible trigger.
That's pretty much what ruined the game for me. It was a major annoyance.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:41 AM   #5

Is this game point and click?
Old 03-01-2006, 11:56 AM   #6
fov
Rattenmonster

Yes.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:11 PM   #7

Well, the voices and the story are top-quality. The architecture of the mansion (Wright "inspired") too.

The negative reviews had more to do with the way the game plays... Anyway. You will enjoy it I believe.