Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   And Then There Were None - Is it any good? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/13253-then-there-were-none-any-good.html)

Manhunter71 02-10-2006 05:09 PM

And Then There Were None - Is it any good?

I just read a review of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, and it was pretty bad - 54%:crazy:
The review was in PC Gamer, which doesn't really have a good track record when it comes to traditional adventure games, so I was wondering what the rest of you think about this game?

I have seen previews of the game which looked very interesting, but I would like to know more before I give up my hard earned cash:)

SoccerDude28 02-10-2006 05:30 PM

My general impression of the game from all the reviews I saw was that it's pretty bad. But you can judge for yourself by downloading the demo first.

jjacob 02-10-2006 05:46 PM

I thought the demo was pretty bland and the reviews weren't that positive either, though they stated that if you're a true Agatha Christie fan, the game is definately worth it. I am (though I only read Murder on the Orient Express), but I'm more fond of the Poirot TV-series :D

LIZWAMB 02-10-2006 06:30 PM

I played Agatha Christie recently and loved it! It was challenging, but not so much that I couldn't move forward. I highly recommend it; wish there were more in the series.

the gnome 02-10-2006 06:34 PM

Overall a very atmospheric game, but with its share of problems... It will not blow you away, even though it really has its moments, and it will not make you feel as an important part of the story... Definitely worth a look.

jjacob 02-10-2006 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIZWAMB
I played Agatha Christie recently and loved it! It was challenging, but not so much that I couldn't move forward. I highly recommend it; wish there were more in the series.

Welcome to the forums, eh.. LIZWAMB :)

Melanie68 02-10-2006 07:43 PM

Did you get a chance to read AG's review?

I got this game for Christmas and played a bit of it at my parent's but haven't had the chance to install it here. I liked what I played so far. Lots of exploring rooms and talking to people. I know I haven't really gotten into the meat of the game yet (no one had died at that point).

hengst2404 02-10-2006 07:59 PM

Hmm when I wrote about it, I described it as more of an interactive movie than an actual game. It is certainly fun and features a decent story, but your actual level of interaction is not as high as your level of immersion. I say get it since it comes with the novel as well.

RLacey 02-11-2006 06:03 AM

Not in the UK, it doesn't, as far as I'm aware :frown:...

fov 02-11-2006 08:58 AM

I liked it. The game is rough around the edges, but it was still fun to play.

Legolas813 02-12-2006 11:52 AM

I thought it was an OK game, but nothing special. I have quite a few complaints about the game, especially the pointless puzzles and useless inventory items. If you're an Agatha Christie fan, though, I do recommend at least giving it a try.

You can see my review here. And I do highly recommend reading the AG Review.

the gnome 02-12-2006 03:05 PM

You could also take a look at the readers' reviews section in the forums of Adventure Gamers...
:)

;)

I lost interest in this game for some reason. I read a few reviews and they all gave me the idea that the game was decent, but nothing special. When I got to ebgames...looked at the price and then into my wallet....I just didn't feel I was going to get my money's worth and spent it on something else. :frown:

I really wish we had some adventure games that would make us jump out of our seats to get them. Something really interesting and fun....not just "its okay" or "not the greatest" type of adventures.

rtrooney 02-12-2006 03:30 PM

The game has its flaws. but, in an era when AGs seem few and far between, it's worth a try. There are several threads where the game was discussed in detail. In one, the game's developers were very active participants. You might want to give those a quick read.

Try this thread http://forums.adventuregamers.com/sh...ighlight=ATTWN

hengst2404 02-12-2006 08:37 PM

Rt brings up a good point, certainly there are not as many Ag games these days and for an AG game, its not horrible. I wouldn't pay 50 bucks for the game, but for the price of 20 bucks, I got my enjoyment from it. As I said, in most places in the states, the game comes with the novel which is worth a read as well.

Toefur 02-12-2006 08:50 PM

It's coming out in Australia at the start of March for $69.96 AU. Man, I want support adventure games... but I think I'll just buy it online.

Legolas813 02-12-2006 09:08 PM

The game wasn't so great, but it did get me into Agatha Christie. Before the game came out I read And Then There Were None. Last night I finished The Seven Dials Mystery. And now I'm starting Death on the Nile.

jjacob 02-12-2006 09:20 PM

After reading that one you should try to get a hold of the Poirot TV adaptation of Death on the Nile, David Suchet rocks! :)

Legolas813 02-12-2006 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjacob
After reading that one you should try to get a hold of the Poirot TV adaptation of Death on the Nile, David Suchet rocks! :)

Yeah I'm planning on watching the corresponding movie after reading each book.

After ATTWN, I watched the (1945?) movie version.

Now that I've finished Seven Dials, I plan to watch that movie.

As for Death on the Nile, I see one DVD with Peter Ustinov and one with David Suchet. I guess I'll go with the one you said, if not both.

(I have Blockbuster Online, so don't worry, I'm not buying all these different versions).

Manhunter71 02-16-2006 04:50 PM

Is it actually available in the UK yet?
I've been to Game, Gamestation, Asda and the local market stall but can't find it anywhere:crazy: