Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/13239-adventure-game-scene-day-friday.html)

Wreck 02-10-2006 04:48 AM

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday

Happy Friday Everyone

http://www.josephgoss.com/torin.jpg

Fairygdmther 02-10-2006 05:09 AM

Torin's passage was a very fun game - I wish I could have finished it, but got hung up near the end - in the null and void. I couldn't make the ending happen. I even sent a save to someone to try it on their PC and they couldn't get it to work either. sigh...

Lynsie

KriD 02-10-2006 06:08 AM

I loved this game. I never finished it, though. It crashed near the end, and after that I couldn`t load my game, then I gave up on it.

ATMachine 02-10-2006 10:53 AM

Never played this myself, not that I have any desire to.

Kurufinwe's going to blow up when he sees this, though....

Kurufinwe 02-10-2006 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATMachine
Never played this myself, not that I have any desire to.

Kurufinwe's going to blow up when he sees this, though....

:crazy:
*pop*

(c) 2005-2006 The Karmillo corporation - Used without permission (but I've got italics now, so I don't care :P).

Erm, actually, I don't get it. Why should I be blowing up? Torin's Passage was an average game (with a fun, cute, purple sidekick), nothing to blow up over, one way or another. :confused:

Kolzig 02-10-2006 12:01 PM

I really want this game in my hands someday.

The only Al Lowe game that I haven't had the pleasure to play.

ATMachine 02-10-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
:crazy:
*pop*

(c) 2005-2006 The Karmillo corporation - Used without permission (but I've got italics now, so I don't care :P).

Erm, actually, I don't get it. Why should I be blowing up? Torin's Passage was an average game (with a fun, cute, purple sidekick), nothing to blow up over, one way or another. :confused:

Oh, right, it was that Woodruff game, wasn't it? I always get those two mixed up in my mind (must be the fact that they're both late Sierra-label adventures in 640x480 res; not too many of those around)...

Kurufinwe 02-10-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATMachine
Oh, right, it was that Woodruff game, wasn't it? I always get those two mixed up in my mind (must be the fact that they're both late Sierra-label adventures in 640x480 res; not too many of those around)...

Oh, those two have nothing in common, really. Woodruff is a Coktel game that was published by Sierra. And it's awful. Torin's Passage is disappointing, half-finished, but nowhere as bad as that. It's worth playing if you can get it for cheap. And it's actually fun. And Boogle is great. Yeah, it's disappointing really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
Oh, those two have nothing in common, really. Woodruff is a Coktel game that was published by Sierra. And it's awful. Torin's Passage is disappointing, half-finished, but nowhere as bad as that. It's worth playing if you can get it for cheap. And it's actually fun. And Boogle is great. Yeah, it's disappointing really.

While its not the best sierra game out there, where did you get the idea that its half-finished? I enjoyed it even though it wasn't Al Lowe's best.

AFGNCAAP 02-10-2006 02:36 PM

I found Torin's Passage to be generally unfunny and uninspired, but the most annoying thing about it was its abru

RLacey 02-10-2006 02:49 PM

Clever.

stepurhan 02-11-2006 12:40 AM

According to Al Lowe's site it was supposedly meant to be the first of a series of 5 games. That might explain the problems with the ending.