You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure AG Community Game Playthrough #2: Gabriel Knight 1: Sins of the Fathers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2006, 07:58 PM   #41
Strategy Guide Author

Well I finished this one off today. Really enjoyed it, though I think I liked the storyline of GK2 better overall (keep in mind that's like comparing two great books to say which one was better). It was rather interesting to play it as a prequel having played GK2 and GK3 but never GK1. Kind of like an origin story.

Some comments:

Spoiler:

When you read from the occult books in the Ritter library, you read about lycanthropes then vampires... amusing coincidence or did Jane Jensen know what "shadows" she wanted to tackle in the next games, if they were able to exist?

Gabe in the wolf costume, another nice foreshadowing touch! Or a simple coincidence?

I did miss the fact that Grace really was sort of a bit player in the whole deal. Might have been nice to have her tag along one day or something...if only to hear Leah Remini's voice a bit longer.

I thought the gameplay was a tough challenge a times. The lack of hot spot indication made me miss objects several times and a few things kinda went over my head but I really enjoyed the "investigative" gameplay where it feels like you're doing detective work: ie, showing documents or pictures to people. Using clues to find more clues, etc.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:59 AM   #42
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phod
Spoiler:
Gabe in the wolf costume, another nice foreshadowing touch! Or a simple coincidence?
Spoiler:
Haha, I didn't remember that! Was it in the Voodoo temple under the Jackson Square?
Old 02-27-2006, 09:24 AM   #43
Strategy Guide Author

Hehe yeah.

Spoiler:

When you infiltrate the Voodoo honfour, you find a couple costumes so you can remain incognito during the Voodoo ritual. Gabe dons a wolf costume and gives Mosely a boar costume

Another comment, I love the "day" structure of the GK games. It works well in giving a sense that time is passing and locations are different than they were before, which helps make locations seem fresh even though you've visited them before. If only Gabe or Grace changed their clothes