You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Best inventory based puzzles - adventure game...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyjones2131
Okay, so the only adventure games I really like are the ones with Macgyver type puzzles as opposed to alien machinery or slider puzzles like Myst etc. Nothing against those - and I'm considering trying one of the Myst games out, but I really want to find an adventure game out there with good old inventory puzzles.

Some games I have played and really enjoyed are Return to Mysterious Island, Grim Fandango, Gabriel Knight, Day of the Tentacle and Master Lu ...and of course the Lucas and Sierra classics.

What I am looking for is an adventure game with puzzles grounded in the real world, you know? I don't much care for fantasy or space. I just want some good old fashioned inventory puzzles in the vien of Lost in Time....

Also, which Myst should I try considering my taste?

Thanks guys and gals. Great site.
Zork Grand Inquisitor for sure! One of the best games EVER!

Myst Games are cool in presentation but for me, frustrating in their puzzles. I have recently loaded URU and I am actually having fun with it so far. Not as hard as expected but maybe that's yet to come.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:11 AM   #22
Roar?

ECHO has some inventory based games, as does Voyage (which is in space, but is great fun).
Old 03-27-2006, 01:43 PM   #23
Under pressure.

Flight of the Amazon Queen is very LucasArts-ish, if you're into that. (Like me)

--Erwin
Old 03-27-2006, 10:17 PM   #24
Terry Pratchett Reader

Send a message via MSN to Gnomepeople

I cant beleive anyone hasnt said these Sam&Max and Monkey island 1 + 2. Indianna jones (one of them) is great too. All by lucas. Simon the sorcerer and discworld are amazing games. VERY difficult. Get day of the tentacle. I recently completed it and enjoyed it alot