You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New adventure game for the GBA - Melpomene

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2006, 01:39 PM   #1

Default New adventure game for the GBA - Melpomene

Gamespot just posted a few screenshots from a new adventure game for the GBA called Melpomene, to be released later this year.
http://www.gamespot.com/gba/adventur...ml?sid=6142730

It looks pretty good. It's a shame it's not for the DS though, it would be much easier to play on the touch screen.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Thanks for the info! I was starting to worry that I'd have no more adventure games to play on the DS when I finish with Phoenix Wright.

I can't find any info on it other than on Gamespot right now. I guess this was just announced?
Old 01-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #3
Dungeon Master

Wow, thanks for the info. Looks nice. Original choice of setting, too (dawn of the World War I).

As their only other product listed by Gamespot is a DS application, it's a pity they're not developing Melpomene for that platform, too. I take it that, while playing a GBA game on DS, there is no way to configure it to incorporate the stylus into gameplay?
Old 01-20-2006, 03:08 PM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
I take it that, while playing a GBA game on DS, there is no way to configure it to incorporate the stylus into gameplay?
No, I don't think so. Everything displays on the top screen.

Maybe they figured that by releasing it for the GBA instead they'd reach a wider audience? It does seem like an odd choice.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:03 PM   #5
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
No, I don't think so. Everything displays on the top screen.
Actually you can change the screen from the top screen to the touch screen from the DS settings if you like, but that still won't enable any stylus controls, because it's a GBA game.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:09 PM   #6
fov
Rattenmonster

How do you do that?
Old 01-20-2006, 04:31 PM   #7
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

First you go to the DS settings menu, then you choose the first icon (monkey-wrench), next from there you choose the icon that looks like a Gameboy Advance. Now you can choose which screen to use for GBA games.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:02 PM   #8
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

looks like it could be a mix between another code and phoenix wright
Old 01-20-2006, 06:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Thanks for the info! I was starting to worry that I'd have no more adventure games to play on the DS when I finish with Phoenix Wright.

I can't find any info on it other than on Gamespot right now. I guess this was just announced?
Yes, I believe it was announced today. Let's hope we get some info and maybe a trailer soon.

Regarding adventure games on the DS, there's several out in Japan (and several more to be released this year, like a game called Detect Hacker), let's hope more of these games get English releases.
This kind of adventure games similar to Phoenix Wright is what the Japanese call "interactive books", they are very text-heavy but judging from the one's I played so far the scripts and characters are so great they make you forget about the limited "playability" of the game. I was already a huge fan of Snatcher, and now Phoenix Wright only makes me want to play a few more of these games.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:34 AM   #10
Grah! Grah!

Shit, I misread the title as Metronome and thought they'd found a publisher. This looks good too though. I like the graphics style. Yet another reason I need to get a DS.