Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Anybody from the U.S. ordered from Sold Out Software? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/12895-anybody-u-s-ordered-sold-out-software.html)

Legolas813 01-19-2006 09:42 PM

Anybody from the U.S. ordered from Sold Out Software?

http://www.sold-out.co.uk/soldout/index.html

Ok, really dumb question:

It's strange when I try to order there is no option to input your state. Anybody from the U.S. ordered from them before? Did they ship it alright without entering the state, or should I just put that info where it says county?

Oh and £ = United Kingdom Pounds right?

fov 01-19-2006 09:58 PM

I haven't ordered from them, but it looks like you just put in your state where it asks for county.

And yeah, that's a pound symbol.

Legolas813 01-19-2006 10:00 PM

Thanks. Can you tell I haven't ordered outside the U.S. before? :)

RLacey 01-20-2006 01:58 AM

Counties are the UK equivalent of states. Kind of. Certainly, that's where the state should go.

Hammerite 01-20-2006 08:07 AM

Except counties are MUCH MUCH smaller than states.
And Britain is MUCH MUCH smaller than a state.
And a fly is MUCH MUCH smaller than a state...
but that last one is irrelevant.

Jatsie 01-20-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legolas813
£ = United Kingdom Pounds right?

I don't want to be pedantic, But it's a Great Britain Pound (GBP), or Pound Sterling, I prefer the latter.

Excuse my passion for the pound, but it needs defending in the face of the Euro!

Legolas813 01-20-2006 05:04 PM

^ I got the terminology directly from this site: http://www.xe.com/ucc/

And excuse my ignorance, but does this mean I can get charged different amounts depending on the current exchange rate?

Karmillo 01-20-2006 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
Counties are the UK equivalent of states. Kind of. Certainly, that's where the state should go.

I thought providence was the uk equivilent of a state, since when your marking down your country normaly your choice is UK.

or is providence and countie the smae thing?

Jatsie 01-20-2006 05:11 PM

Quote:

I got the terminology directly from this site: http://www.xe.com/ucc/

And excuse my ignorance, but does this mean I can get charged different amounts depending on the current exchange rate?

Then I forgive you, *directs evil glare at website* I hate when apparently credible sources propagate misinformation.

What you pay will depend on the exchange rate, this is usually decided by your bank/credit card company at the time they process the transaction, but the amount shouldn't vary terribly.

Legolas813 01-20-2006 05:17 PM

Thanks.

Lain 01-21-2006 09:50 AM

I ordered Broken Sword 1 from them a couple weeks ago. Just got it yesterday.

Nicely packaged, and very cheap. I definitely would order from them again.

Gonchi 01-21-2006 10:45 AM

I own a couple of their games, but I've never ordered from them online. I've always meant to, from way back when they still stocked Redguard, but for one reason or another, I never do. Same thing with Adventure Soft and the Simon games.

Legolas813 01-22-2006 09:47 PM

Well I went ahead and decided to order from them. I purchased the Broken Sword Double Pack. Never played any game in the series before, so it should be fun. Hopefully I'll be able to run both games without hassle.

Legolas813 01-23-2006 06:50 AM

Wow, my credit card company called me this morning saying they had frozen my account due to suspicious activity. I had to call a number and verify my information and all my transactions. There was no suspicious activity, so I'm guessing a red flag went up when they saw a transaction outside the U.S.

fov 01-23-2006 07:57 AM

That's a little over-zealous of your credit card company. :shifty:

I've used mine out of the country on several occasions, while on vacation, and never had that problem. (And I'd be pissed if I did!)

Lain 01-23-2006 08:04 AM

Quote:

Wow, my credit card company called me this morning saying they had frozen my account due to suspicious activity. I had to call a number and verify my information and all my transactions. There was no suspicious activity, so I'm guessing a red flag went up when they saw a transaction outside the U.S.

That's the strangest thing I've heard in a while. I've ordered things from the Middle East and never ran into trouble. :P

Jatsie 01-23-2006 08:55 AM

Quote:

my credit card company called me this morning saying they had frozen my account due to suspicious activity.

That happened to me once when I spent a rather sizeable amount on a new computer. What made it extremely annoying though, was that the company advised us to alert the bank that this sum had been charged to the card - which we did, and the bank still froze it!

We then had the joy of several lengthy telephone conversations with the bank to remedy the situation. I absolutely cannot stand incompetence!

Legolas813 01-23-2006 09:44 AM

Well I'm not really mad they did it. I'm actually glad they are taking steps to ensure my account is safe. It just caught me a little by surprise when they said "suspicious activity."

And then of course I have the problem of my parents calling me up asking what I'm doing ordering things from overseas and explaining I need to watch what sites I do business with. (I'm away at college if you all are wondering.)

Sigh, no one in my family understands gaming, let alone adventure gaming.