Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/12597-adventure-game-scene-day-tuesday.html)

Wreck 01-03-2006 03:33 AM

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday

Sorry I was absent yesterday. I was out of town.

http://www.ultragaming.com/games/scr...2f0d84b8fa.jpg

RLacey 01-03-2006 08:48 AM

I remember that puzzle really annoying me.

Runaway still looks good, though, doesn't it? :)

Dasilva 01-03-2006 08:50 AM

Yeah runaway has spiffy graphics. The new one looks much better though. :)

Gonchi 01-03-2006 08:52 AM

IMO, Gabriel Knight still looks good...

I was never much into graphics.

Enno 01-03-2006 11:53 AM

Hmm. I didn't play that far into the game, but recognized it nevertheless. The pixel-hunting wasn't enough fun. But worse was that you could look at an item and get absolutely nothing from it, only to find that 5 minutes later, you'd get a completely different response (i.e. the handbag in the hospital). Please, game designers, don't do that!

I did like the graphics, though, for not trying to be photo-realistic but having their own clear style. I also still like Another World's graphics, though, so I'm obviously not much of an authority :-)

The Seed 01-03-2006 12:32 PM

Yes it was a very fine looking game, sadly that's absolutely all the game had going for it.

I wander how many other unsuspecting Adventure Gamers this one managed ensnare with it's looks, fortunately that trick only works once so I won't be going anywhere near the sequel.

RLacey 01-03-2006 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Seed
Yes it was a very fine looking game, sadly that's absolutely all the game had going for it.

I wander how many other unsuspecting Adventure Gamers this one managed ensnare with it's looks, fortunately that trick only works once so I won't be going anywhere near the sequel.

I dunno. I found it very, very flawed but still better than a great many games that others rave about :crazy:...

The Seed 01-03-2006 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
I dunno. I found it very, very flawed but still better than a great many games that others rave about :crazy:...

Really? Im intrigued...care to name a few?

Ledgerat 01-03-2006 01:00 PM

I kind of liked Runaway. A bit of a poor man's Broken Sword (in looks), but a good diversion. Of course many of my gaming opinion are based on an all around impression of graphics/gameplay/length and of course how much i paid for it.

Anyone else find that they enjoy a game that their friends didn't like, but then find out the friend paid $20 more than you did?

Runaway was one of these. I think I got it for $14-$20 and liked it fairly well. My friend got it when it came out for like $30-$35 and thought it was horrible.

The Seed 01-03-2006 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ledgerat
Anyone else find that they enjoy a game that their friends didn't like, but then find out the friend paid $20 more than you did?

Runaway was one of these. I think I got it for $14-$20 and liked it fairly well. My friend got it when it came out for like $30-$35 and thought it was horrible.

I got it for £7.99 in last years Play.com post Xmas sale... I still thought it was pretty rubbish. ( pun not intended! :shifty: )

Ledgerat 01-03-2006 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Seed
I got it for £7.99 in last years Play.com post Xmas sale... I still thought it was pretty rubbish. ( pun not intended! :shifty: )

But think how much worse you would think of it if you paid triple that!

well, I guess trash is still trash.

Toefur 01-03-2006 06:13 PM

I only paid fifteen bucks for it. I had fun with it, but there wasn't really much memorable about it. It was missing something... but it seems they tried really hard to make a great adventure game. Maybe tried too hard?