You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure DEATH IN SAKKARA : adventure game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2005, 12:00 AM   #1
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq
Default DEATH IN SAKKARA : adventure game

Check this out! very cool adventure type game...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient..._sakkara.shtml
Old 12-21-2005, 03:06 PM   #2
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

This was a different kind of game. It is divided into 4 parts, and much is done for you, except for the puzzles.

Spoiler:
The first is a safe combination to be figured out from a telegram. The next was a chase thru maze-like streets to catch a thief. The telescope puzzle, even when you know what to do, and what to look for, wasn't easy to accomplish. The catacomb puzzle, a timed one, was impossible without w/t directions. There was also a cup switching puzzle that you had to win 4 times. And finally a slider puzzle that was divided into three sections, making the solution about twenty times as hard to accomplish within the time given. At the end, you are graded for the pieces you collected, yet you were never told to even look for them! By chance I found 2/4 of one and 2/6 of the other.

I joined the forum and toggled back and forth to get answers to the most difficult parts. My final score was 79%.

The format of this game was easy to use, but the kind of puzzles were my least favorite kinds, so I can't say I enjoyed it much. There was a great deal of extra info, as a reference, but little was actually needed for the game.

Lynsie
Old 12-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #3
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Agreed. As I got further into the game, I realized it was a more "puzzle" game. That said, it is a GREAT example of an idea carried out with top-notch visual direction. I love the logo and the overall "feel" of the game. Very cool!
Old 12-22-2005, 09:50 AM   #4

I finished that game yesterday without a walkthrough, got all the bonuses as well. But I have to say I hated the timed mazes and timed slider puzzles. The game felt more like an attempt at educational software to learn about Egypt than a real game. Could've been much better.

By the way, the "bonus" photo (where you have to collect hidden pieces) means nothing. It's just swirlies made by someone. Hmm...

Also, once you collect all the bonuses, you get a "special" letter in the game's menu, it's a letter from "Cheiro", the person you read about in a side article in newspaper, to the right of the main article. I won't say what it says though but it's not that special.

Another bonus you are supposed to get is "Download Wallpaper" but clicking the link doesn't do anything.