You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure phoenix wright RARE OOP?

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-18-2005, 06:09 AM   #1

phoenix wright RARE OOP?

so i asked santa for phoenix wright this year, and he sent me an email the other day saying he couldn't find it at any of the major online retailers! i went to EB, gamestop, and amazon, and sure enough there is no entry for a new version of the game at any of those sites!

what gives? it seems like a couple months after release is way too soon to cut distribution.

12-18-2005, 06:21 AM   #2
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

You could try DVDBoxOffice.com [ link to product page].

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

12-18-2005, 06:53 AM   #3
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I don't think that link works correctly, it forwards to the main page.

http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/?descrip...e&pid=90128409 might work better.

Also there's playasia, cheap price and cheap shipping costs, and still the US version.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.

12-18-2005, 11:03 AM   #4
I needed a dare

i bought mine from EB(store) about two weeks ago. it was the only copy they had left

12-18-2005, 11:17 AM   #5
Rogue Agent

I too have been having trouble locating a copy of Phoenix Wright. Does anyone know of a non-online store that might carry it?

12-25-2005, 07:41 PM   #6
fov
Rattenmonster

I'm going to get myself a DS in the next week or so and am also surprised that this game is hard to find. I'm going to try the local EBs and Gamestops this week and if I see a copy, I'll buy it.

12-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #7
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I'm going to get myself a DS in the next week or so and am also surprised that this game is hard to find. I'm going to try the local EBs and Gamestops this week and if I see a copy, I'll buy it.
Looks like it could very well be out of print

You could always try ebay

I wish they had this in English

12-25-2005, 09:43 PM   #8
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
Looks like it could very well be out of print
After only two months?!

Has it even been released in Europe yet?

12-26-2005, 06:38 AM   #9
Chicken with a bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
After only two months?!

Has it even been released in Europe yet?
No, it will be released in Europe in March. I was lucky enough to get an imported one.

12-27-2005, 09:39 AM   #10
fov
Rattenmonster

I went to two Gamestop stores yesterday to look for this game. Neither had it and at one I was told it had been discontinued (although it wasn't exactly said from a place of authority, so I don't know whether to believe that). I am going to try EB today but I don't have a lot of hope. There are two eBay sellers that seem to have large stocks but neither have very good feedback, so I'm wary about ordering from one of them.

I tried to register on Capcom's forum so I could ask about this, but I can't get past the age verification screen. Maybe 27 isn't old enough. (Or it's too old! ) I tried it on three different browsers and none of them have any weird cookie settings, so I was wondering if it could be a Mac problem. Can someone else try?

(Not that asking the question on their forum will necessarily make a difference, as it doesn't seem to get much traffic. Still, maybe someone would be able to answer.)

12-27-2005, 10:06 AM   #11
Bad command or file name

This would be such a HUGE shame if it turns out to be true! I really can't imagine production discontinuing because the game is getting rave reviews and a very solid following. More than likely, most stores are out of stock due to it turning out to be such a hit and the holiday rush. It's hard to find any games in stock at brick and mortor stores the first week after Christmas.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!

12-27-2005, 10:12 AM   #12
fov
Rattenmonster

Problem is, it's not listed at any of the online stores or Amazon, either.

12-27-2005, 10:48 AM   #13
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

What about playasia.com?
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.

12-27-2005, 11:52 AM   #14
Bad command or file name

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Problem is, it's not listed at any of the online stores or Amazon, either.
Oh... that's not good. That actually BLOWS!!! This is a game should be able to be experienced by all adventure gamers... not just a few rich collectors.

Anyways, we'll start the bidding for my copy at $1,000.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!

12-27-2005, 11:55 AM   #15
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
What about playasia.com?
I followed your link above, and it looks like a good price and a reputable site. If I can't find it at any of the shops nearby I'll probably order it from them.

12-27-2005, 02:54 PM   #16

I highly recommend Play Asia, great site and really good with delivery. If you mark it small air mail post on ordering, you won't get stung by customs.

12-27-2005, 04:14 PM   #17
fov
Rattenmonster

I managed to get a copy at a (sort of) local EB. The guy at the EB I usually go to called around for me until we located some. It was amazing how many stores were out of stock. One of them sold their last two copies this morning.

The guy at EB told me that their store only had 3 to begin with. He also said it isn't that unusual for Capcom and Konami to discontinue their games after very short periods of time. Maybe I'm just used to PC games that stay around forever. Still, discontinuing them after only two months seems excessive.

The place I wound up getting mine claimed not to have any when I called, even though the computer at the other EB said they did. I asked then if he could check his computer and tell me where else in the area there might be one (knowing his computer would display that there were some available). The guy did and said "Oh, I guess we have some" and found them. So for those who are having trouble finding the game, it might be worth asking them to look up which other locations have it when they tell you they don't... in case they really do. This place actually had two, but the salesman was ready to hang up the phone without even bothering to look.

Also got myself Trace Memory and Sims 2... and a DS. I held off on Nintendogs because I can't decide which of the three covers I want. I'm such a girl.

12-27-2005, 05:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
He also said it isn't that unusual for Capcom and Konami to discontinue their games after very short periods of time.
Sadly, yep. Ask anybody who tried to find Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow a year after it was released... eep. Luckily it's getting a re-release (along with the previous game in the series, which was also extremely hard to find).

01-03-2006, 04:36 PM   #19
fov
Rattenmonster

The plot thickens (kind of).

I just spoke to someone in PR at Capcom. (I had left a message last week about this but the person I was trying to reach was out of town.) She said she looked into it for me, and the game is NOT discontinued, but has simply sold out in a lot of stores. When I asked what people should do if they go to a store and are told it's discontinued, she said to pressure the store to order more copies. Then I asked how come the game isn't available online at stores like Amazon, EB, and Gamestop, and she said, again, that it isn't Capcom's responsibility to make sure they're stocked -- it's up to the retailer to order more copies.

So now I'm even more confused. She insisted that the game has not been discontinued and should be available if people ask their stores to order it for them. If this is the case, I don't understand why I was told at more than one store (a Gamestop, and multiple EB locations) that it had been discontinued. She said it might be a confusion of terminology among the employees, but I find that hard to believe.

I might go tomorrow to the store where I had a conversation with the clerk about it (he's the one who called around and helped me find a few copies at another EB) and tell him about the phone call. Maybe he can try getting more from Capcom and let me know how it goes.

01-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #20

I'm not surprised at the store employees responses. Whenever I go into EB Games or GameStop and they ask you if you need any help, I tell them I'm mostly interested in Adventure games and they just go, "Oh......" and walk away.