Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/12291-adventure-game-scene-day-tuesday.html)

Wreck 12-13-2005 04:02 AM

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday

http://www.activewin.com/reviews/sof..._journey_9.jpg

RLacey 12-13-2005 04:12 AM

I loved the main puzzle on that screen (albeit the one that occurs before this scene) :).

Karmillo 12-13-2005 04:27 AM

so what game is this? i'd guess blade runner cause it looks like theres a shadow of a guy aiming a gun or something and thats the only game i can think of..

Leo 12-13-2005 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karmillo
so what game is this? i'd guess blade runner cause it looks like theres a shadow of a guy aiming a gun or something and thats the only game i can think of..

It's "The Longest Journey". One of the best adventure games ever made, albeit with a few problems. That scene brings back some great memories. I don't think I have ever been as immersed in any game as I have in this one. I really should replay it.

Karmillo 12-13-2005 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo
It's "The Longest Journey". One of the best adventure games ever made, albeit with a few problems. That scene brings back some great memories. I don't think I have ever been as immersed in any game as I have in this one. I really should replay it.

ah right...i should really get playing that for the sequel

natalia 12-13-2005 04:33 AM

One of my favorite games!

Gknight 12-13-2005 05:02 AM

I like what happens just before they meet in the alley.

Spoiler:
April gets the lowly worker to dance the monkey.

Burge 12-13-2005 05:15 AM

<3 Tlj.

Toefur 12-13-2005 05:17 AM

I thought it was Blade Runner to start with, too. The whole scene, graphics, lighting, and characters seem quite similar.

I still need to get around to playing Blade Runner.

Melanie68 12-13-2005 07:09 AM

Cortez - exasperating, frustrating as hell but kind of sexy. :)

Spoiler:
That first time going to Arcadia was so cool and I really felt for her having to make that huge decision to go. :)

Ninth 12-14-2005 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie68

Funny, that's what I thought about April... :crazy:

pleto4_ryan 12-14-2005 05:20 AM

Now, that's a truly memorable scene. :9

jimsta 12-14-2005 05:22 AM

re

ahh, my absolute favorite part of the game. whenever i see an organ-grinder i think of this game.

Jazhara7 12-14-2005 08:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Spoiler:
That first time going to Arcadia was so cool and I really felt for her having to make that huge decision to go. :)

Yeah, isn't he? I love both his English and his German voice. The English voice is great, but the German voice is special. It fit him so perfectly. It sounded both young (clear and light), but also old (but not dusty. More like grown up. it's hard to describe.). You really have to hear it, to know what I mean. I'll add an attachment (a zip file containing two excerpts from the dialogue from that scene). Please tell me what you think of it.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

RLacey 12-14-2005 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
I love both his English and his German voice. The English voice is great, but the German voice is special. It fit him so perfectly. It sounded both young (clear and light), but also old (but not dusty. More like grown up. it's hard to describe.).

Strangely, I can't remember the English voice. That German one does suit the character, though.

Jazhara7 12-14-2005 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
Strangely, I can't remember the English voice. That German one does suit the character, though.

Strangely, I can't remember the English voice either. I think it was rougher, and sounded a bit older. I guess it wasn't as striking as the german voice, or otherwise I'd be able to remember it (I don't know about you, but I can literally reproduce voices, especially if they are those of family members, or people I know in my head. This sounds very abstract, and it is indeed, but I 'see' [lacking a better word] the sounds in my head, without actually hearing it. Even if I haven't seen the person in years, I can still remember the voice).

RLacey 12-14-2005 08:19 AM

Quote:

Strangely, I can't remember the English voice either. I think it was rougher, and sounded a bit older. I guess it wasn't as striking as the german voice, or otherwise I'd be able to remember it (I don't know about you, but I can literally reproduce voices, especially if they are those of family members, or people I know in my head. This sounds very abstract, and it is indeed, but I 'see' [lacking a better word] the sounds in my head, without actually hearing it. Even if I haven't seen the person in years, I can still remember the voice).

I think I know roughly what you mean. Mind you, I invent voices for people before I've ever heard them in real life, and then find it strange when they sound nothing like that :crazy:...

With video game characters, however, I normally don't hear enough of them to recall their voices easily. Not unless they're the main character, at least (or my favourite characters in the game).

Melanie68 12-14-2005 08:44 AM

Quote:

Yeah, isn't he? I love both his English and his German voice. The English voice is great, but the German voice is special. It fit him so perfectly. It sounded both young (clear and light), but also old (but not dusty. More like grown up. it's hard to describe.). You really have to hear it, to know what I mean. I'll add an attachment (a zip file containing two excerpts from the dialogue from that scene). Please tell me what you think of it.

It's so interesting to hear that in German because in the English version he has a Spanish accent. The German did capture what I heard in the English version. The accented English in the game was low, alluring and mysterious and the German definitely captured that as well.:9 It was smooth sounding too*(I don't know if that makes sense). I liked it. :):) Thanks. :)

*I may think of something more to say later.

kelmer 12-14-2005 11:45 AM

Quote:

It's so interesting to hear that in German because in the English version he has a Spanish accent.

Funny. It was a French accent in the Spanish version :P.

Jazhara7 12-15-2005 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
I think I know roughly what you mean. Mind you, I invent voices for people before I've ever heard them in real life, and then find it strange when they sound nothing like that ...

With video game characters, however, I normally don't hear enough of them to recall their voices easily. Not unless they're the main character, at least (or my favourite characters in the game).

I can even remember the voices of minor characters sometimes. I have no problem remembering Emma's voice or Ben Bandu's voice. But then again, I've played the game a lot.

Quote:

It's so interesting to hear that in German because in the English version he has a Spanish accent. The German did capture what I heard in the English version. The accented English in the game was low, alluring and mysterious and the German definitely captured that as well.:9 It was smooth sounding too*(I don't know if that makes sense). I liked it. :):) Thanks. :)

*I may think of something more to say later.

It makes perfect sense, Melsie. It's how I perceive the voice too.