Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Sierra compilations pushed back again (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/12253-sierra-compilations-pushed-back-again.html)

reno6 12-10-2005 06:46 PM

Sierra compilations pushed back again

I just got an email from Amazon... the upcoming Sierra compilations (Space Quest, King's Quest, Police Quest, Leisure Suit Larry) have been pushed back from January 30th to April 4th.

These things continue to elude us.

The Adventurer 12-10-2005 06:58 PM

What are these? Box sets of the classics?

Perhaps optimised for Win XP?

reno6 12-10-2005 07:58 PM

Yeah. Supposed to be, leastwise. There's been no official word on them whatsoever. They were originally scheduled for an October 10th release. 10/10 came and went, and a few days later they were rescheduled to January 30th. And now they've been pushed back to April 4th, with a letter from Amazon asking me to approve my order since the date has been pushed so far away.

Word from Vivendi has been shaky, at best. I've heard three different email responses from three different people: one said that they flat-out denied the compilations' existence and the Amazon listing was a fluke; one said that VU could neither confirm nor deny their releases; and one said that they were real releases. I have no idea what to think anymore.

fov 12-10-2005 09:41 PM

That's odd. I finally just received an email from Amazon today telling me my order (placed in Oct) would be delayed until January. :shifty:

Karmillo 12-10-2005 09:43 PM

Has there been any box art or anything released?

reno6 12-10-2005 11:43 PM

fov: That is odd...

Karmillo: No. Not a thing. Vivendi hasn't officially commented, there's no box art, nothing. It's depressingly little to look forward to, but there's always a chance it's real.

Karmillo 12-10-2005 11:54 PM

I thought someone got an email back about it from VUGs anti piracy team or something?

reno6 12-10-2005 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karmillo
I thought someone got an email back about it from VUGs anti piracy team or something?

Yeah, but there's nothing actually at the website, no press releases or anything. Not even so much as a mention in a 'coming soon' list. I take these emails with a grain of salt, because:

Quote:

Originally Posted by reno6
I've heard three different email responses from three different people: one said that they flat-out denied the compilations' existence and the Amazon listing was a fluke; one said that VU could neither confirm nor deny their releases; and one said that they were real releases. I have no idea what to think anymore.

Karmillo 12-11-2005 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reno6
Yeah, but there's nothing actually at the website, no press releases or anything. Not even so much as a mention in a 'coming soon' list. I take these emails with a grain of salt, because:

Do VUG have any of the old adventure games on their product list?
I couldnt remember ever seeing them there

Dasilva 12-11-2005 02:43 AM

If you go to the downloads page you'll find all the old games from KQ, SQ, QFG, GK, LB etc.. on their page with patches and stuff.

Aurebesh 12-11-2005 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VU employee
Let's toy with those fanboy f*cks who still care so much about the trash that the Williamses made under our brand name 20 years ago:devil:

:shifty:

reno6 12-11-2005 11:20 AM

It was odd -- for a while, they had a few of the old games listed on their site. I distinctly remember seeing Space Quest V listed, with a link to buy it at Amazon.com (even though you could still only buy it used). There was also a page put up listing all of the Space Quest games at one point in time, even linking to the Space Quest 3 promotional video. I think there were other individual Sierra games listed, too, but I can't remember for sure.

This was all a long time ago, though. A year or two, I'd say. These collections just kind of popped up out of nowhere.

insane_cobra 12-11-2005 12:37 PM

Could it be they'll try to ride on the hype (possibly) generated by KQIX The Silver Lining?

reno6 12-11-2005 12:40 PM

That's the first thing I thought when it was pushed back, that maybe they're waiting for Shadows before the collections go out. I certainly would not complain if it was released with the KQ set. Wishful thinking, though.

reno6 12-18-2005 10:20 PM

The plot sickens. I just got another email from Amazon.com asking me to approve the Sierra order.

And now, it says my order will ship right after Christmas.

But the compilation pages still say March 30th.

:crazy:

Dasilva 12-19-2005 02:29 AM

I think you should get your money back, I doubt they will ever get released.

fov 12-19-2005 07:47 AM

Amazon doesn't charge you until they ship the product, so no worries about having to get money back.

That shipping after Christmas thing is very weird. I'm going to check my account and see if anything's changed. :crazy:

EDIT: Mine still says delivery April 10, 2006 - April 14, 2006. I never approved it after they sent me the email about the delay, though.

RLacey 12-19-2005 09:50 AM

I know I've said it before, but I'd be very, very surprised if these actually exist.

reno6 12-19-2005 10:24 AM

Here's what I've got on my order status page:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6...nconundrum.jpg

I'm not too concerned about whether or not I get them, as I already own each series. I'm just eager to know if they do, in fact, exist. The random delays and runaround make me all the more curious. I wonder if Amazon would be able to offer any insight into this thing. Maybe I'll write to them.

Gonchi 12-19-2005 02:11 PM

Well, if you're willing to gamble $20 on it, why not confirm one and see what happens?

Incidentally, you wouldn't be the same Reno that posted in the QfG forums a few years ago, would you?