Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   New Sam and Max comic/t-shirt & signed prints (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/12242-new-sam-max-comic-t-shirt-signed-prints.html)

tabacco 04-20-2006 12:23 AM

Well, in the meantime, this at least gives an idea of what the pieces are:

http://www.telltalegames.com/products/hg03

They're on pretty heavy paper stock, and nicely printed (and signed :)). I'll take a legitimate photo though. Promise :)

[ben] 04-20-2006 12:34 AM

Ah...I get somewhat depressed when I think of the Sam & Max comics today. Not because I do not like comics, oh no, I love it! But when the first Sam & Max book came out, "Surfin' the Highway", I bought the hardcover edition. I was so stupid to let someone borrow it. And I never got it back.. I see that the used paperback edition goes for a minimum price of 275$ at amazon these days. The HC edition which I had, is much more rare, and is probably worth a lot more. I've never seen a used HC offered anywhere. If I still had it, I would not sell it ether.

jp-30 04-20-2006 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
The whole plot. Then again, I don't really remember what the previous instalments were about, so maybe that explains it. :D

Due to the infrequency of the strip, yes, a recap by browsing the previous few strips is totally necessary to keep up with the latest one!

Brandon 04-21-2006 08:33 PM

I wish I had a copy of Surfin' The Highway... any copy... but wow, an original hardcover copy would be amazing. I don't see why they don't re-issue it. They would obviously be able to sell it. A lot. And more.

Somehow over the years my prized copies of The Adventurer containing all those wonderful Sam and Max comics disappeared. I really wish that all the Sam and Max comics and artwork would be re-collected into a new, hardcover collection. That would be amazing.

I don't like the new online comics, with the mouse-over appearing dialogue and stuff. So I didn't read 'em after looking at 'em once when I first heard of them. I want nice, large regular comics that I can save on my hard drive and print.

So there you go, that's my full take on Sam and Max comics.

Tanukitsune 04-21-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon
I wish I had a copy of Surfin' The Highway... any copy... but wow, an original hardcover copy would be amazing. I don't see why they don't re-issue it. They would obviously be able to sell it. A lot. And more.

Somehow over the years my prized copies of The Adventurer containing all those wonderful Sam and Max comics disappeared. I really wish that all the Sam and Max comics and artwork would be re-collected into a new, hardcover collection. That would be amazing.

I don't like the new online comics, with the mouse-over appearing dialogue and stuff. So I didn't read 'em after looking at 'em once when I first heard of them. I want nice, large regular comics that I can save on my hard drive and print.

So there you go, that's my full take on Sam and Max comics.

On Ebay they seems to appear once in a while for about 100$, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that much for a comic, but it might be the only way to get it?:frown:

Melanie68 04-21-2006 08:52 PM

When I was looking for Sam and Max, the game on eBay, I ran across this. I don't know if it's a good price or not but I just thought it looked cool. :)

Brandon 04-21-2006 08:54 PM

Yeah. I stopped buying on eBay for a while because I did not have the money to spend on those kinds of collecting purchases. But, I now have a once-a-month-contract job that pays me direct to my PayPal account, so I've started running my eBay searches again 'cause I can justify spending that money on collectibles. So I might have to put in that search again.

fov 04-21-2006 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
On Ebay they seems to appear once in a while for about 100$, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that much for a comic, but it might be the only way to get it?:frown:

I dated a guy when I was in college who gave me Surfin' the Highway as a gift. I wasn't really into it and I don't think I've ever read the whole thing. (To be honest, I never gave it a chance... he and I broke up soon after he gave it to me, and into the closet it went!) I have considered selling it, seeing the high prices it goes for, but now that I work for Telltale I suppose I should hang onto it. :D Maybe I can coax Steve Purcell to sign it for me someday.

Tanukitsune 04-21-2006 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
I dated a guy when I was in college who gave me Surfin' the Highway as a gift. I wasn't really into it and I don't think I've ever read the whole thing. (To be honest, I never gave it a chance... he and I broke up soon after he gave it to me, and into the closet it went!) I have considered selling it, seeing the high prices it goes for, but now that I work for Telltale I suppose I should hang onto it. :D Maybe I can coax Steve Purcell to sign it for me someday.

Lucky you!

The thing is, with the rumours of Purcell releasing a new compilation book, I'm not sure if I should spend 100$ or more on a comic that might be re-released for 20$ or less in the future...

Kurufinwe 04-21-2006 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
I have considered selling it, seeing the high prices it goes for, but now that I work for Telltale I suppose I should hang onto it. :D Maybe I can coax Steve Purcell to sign it for me someday.

And then sell it for even more? :D