You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Interviews with Al Lowe, Aaron Conners, and Telltale Games

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2005, 07:36 PM   #1

Default Interviews with Al Lowe, Aaron Conners, and Telltale Games

I did a piece on the rise fall, and continuation of adventure games for got-next. I thought some of you might enjoy it. Telltale's contribution is very weak since I had to conduct it through their PR guy, but the rest is pretty insightful. Check it out:

http://www.got-next.com/features_read.php?id=290
Old 11-30-2005, 04:42 AM   #2
Dungeon Master

Welcome to the Forum. Thanks for the link, I'll definitely check it out when I have a spare hour.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:52 AM   #3
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Interesting article, the kind of thing publishers ought to be reading...
Old 11-30-2005, 06:32 AM   #4
tsa
Playing character

Default Tex Murphy

Wow, Mr. Connors is a good diplomat. He basically says in this interview that he'd like to make a new Tex game, but it's not on his 'things to do before I die' list. Pity, I, and many other people, loved Tex. Well, at least Mr. Connors hasn't said Tex will certainly not come back...
Old 11-30-2005, 07:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa
Wow, Mr. Connors is a good diplomat. He basically says in this interview that he'd like to make a new Tex game, but it's not on his 'things to do before I die' list. Pity, I, and many other people, loved Tex. Well, at least Mr. Connors hasn't said Tex will certainly not come back...
Mr Conners (Dan Connors was also featured). AC has been really loyal to fans and has absolutley shown interest in continuing the series, but if he can't find someone willing to fund such an effort than what do you want the guy to do? For a while they were talking about funding their own Tex game independantly but they weren't able to make it happen. I honestly believe he'd rather do that than work on anything else, but he's realistic about what opportunities he'll have.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:47 PM   #6
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogacuda
Mr Conners (Dan Connors was also featured). AC has been really loyal to fans and has absolutley shown interest in continuing the series, but if he can't find someone willing to fund such an effort than what do you want the guy to do? For a while they were talking about funding their own Tex game independantly but they weren't able to make it happen. I honestly believe he'd rather do that than work on anything else, but he's realistic about what opportunities he'll have.
Sorry about the typo. I saw some pictures of a new Tex adventure made by fans. There used to be this website, unofficial Tex Murphy or something like that it was called, on which the progress of this project was reported now and again. They also had a forum in which Chris Jones and Aaron Conners regularly participated. I think the game was even developed with help of Mr. Conners, but unfortunately that didn't make it. O, well, if I win the lottery I know what to do with the money: hire the people and equipment to bring Tex back to life!
Old 11-30-2005, 01:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa
Sorry about the typo. I saw some pictures of a new Tex adventure made by fans. There used to be this website, unofficial Tex Murphy or something like that it was called, on which the progress of this project was reported now and again. They also had a forum in which Chris Jones and Aaron Conners regularly participated. I think the game was even developed with help of Mr. Conners, but unfortunately that didn't make it. O, well, if I win the lottery I know what to do with the money: hire the people and equipment to bring Tex back to life!
That site was recently ressurected. The url is stil www.unofficialtexmurphy.com