You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gabriel Knight 4 (spoilers)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2005, 04:46 PM   #41
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

I think it's obvious throughout the series that Grace is in love with Gabe - especially in GK2 when she goes to Rittersburg and meets Gerda - she's insanely jealous of the fact that Gerda seems to know more about whatever Gabe is doing than she does.

I also think that Gabe has probably loved Grace for a long time but he just doesn't realise it until the end of GK3.
The conversation with Mosely in the dining room was Gabe trying to deny his emerging feelings because he didn't want Mosely to see him like this. After all, Gabe has been a womaniser for most of his life.

The ending for this game has to be one of the saddest game endings I have experienced - Gabe finally realises the feelings he has been denying throughout the first 2 games and runs up to the room, only to find she has already left.
I have never cried because of a game before but that final scene did give a lump in the back of my throat - very emotional stuff.

I really don't know how anyone can say this isn't a great game??
It's one of the best I have ever played. This was my introduction to Gabriel Knight and I enjoyed the game immensely the first time around. Sometime later I played GK1 & 2, and then replayed GK3, which really made me appreciate it even more.

There just has to be a 4th installment