You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure Gaming most Inappropriate moments

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2005, 08:09 PM   #1
Explorer of the uncharted

Default Adventure Gaming most Inappropriate moments

....has to be expirienced to be beleved. I laughed my ass of for all the wrong reasons.... (Thw voiceover dosen't help btw...)

So, any more "quality" moments that are either intentionaly or unintentionaly inappropriate? Fahrenheit is another recent candidate
Old 11-26-2005, 01:35 AM   #2

What game is that?
Old 11-26-2005, 02:05 AM   #3
Grah! Grah!

The Black Mirror. Looks like Samuel What'shisface anyway...
Old 11-26-2005, 02:34 AM   #4

There were a lot of moments like that in The Black Mirror, eventually I jsut played the game because of the pretty, dreary, scenes (even when I already knew how it was going to turn out eventually)
Old 11-26-2005, 09:36 AM   #5
Bad command or file name

Also in the black mirror, I was appaled that Samual blatantly disreguarded the last wishes of a dead minor. Samual read in the corpse's dirary that his dying wish was to be given a proper burial. Samual eventually gets out of the mine and never tells anyone about what he found. I just couldn't belive that the developers went through the trouble of putting that line into the dirary only to never even allow us to fulfill it. Made me feal dirty.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 11-26-2005, 11:14 AM   #6
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bysmitty
Also in the black mirror, I was appaled that Samual blatantly disreguarded the last wishes of a dead minor. Samual read in the corpse's dirary that his dying wish was to be given a proper burial. Samual eventually gets out of the mine and never tells anyone about what he found. I just couldn't belive that the developers went through the trouble of putting that line into the dirary only to never even allow us to fulfill it. Made me feal dirty.

...bysmitty
Um...I can't remember that scene, for some reason. Are you sure about that? And which Diary are you talking about?

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 11-26-2005, 11:20 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Um...I can't remember that scene, for some reason. Are you sure about that? And which Diary are you talking about?

-
Jazzie, he means the miner.
Spoiler:

He's in the mine and he finds the skeleton. There is a diary of the guy that he wrote after he fell and broke some bones. He asked to be buried decently in his diary and Samuel never told anyone. Samuel did a lot of things in that game that weren't very nice. I liked the game none-the-less.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
Jazzie, he means the miner.
Spoiler:

He's in the mine and he finds the skeleton. There is a diary of the guy that he wrote after he fell and broke some bones. He asked to be buried decently in his diary and Samuel never told anyone. Samuel did a lot of things in that game that weren't very nice. I liked the game none-the-less.

Oh, the Miner!

Yeah, that was not very nice. There's only the chance that Samuel was the Master of Post-it notes. Then again, I don't know if they were invented back then...

-

Old 11-26-2005, 03:45 PM   #9
Staff Member

I played Beneath A Steel Sky today, and at one point, Foster is talking to Gilbert Lamb, and Lamb justifies the existence of his pipe-making factory by saying "Pipes are the ARTERIES of this MASSIVE ERECTION". It made me giggle immaturely for about five minutes, but the game gives no hint that the designers were aware of the innuendo; they don't try and capitalize on the joke. Maybe it was an in-joke thing; someone wrote the line and they left it in for the hell of it.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuboy
I played Beneath A Steel Sky today, and at one point, Foster is talking to Gilbert Lamb, and Lamb justifies the existence of his pipe-making factory by saying "Pipes are the ARTERIES of this MASSIVE ERECTION". It made me giggle immaturely for about five minutes, but the game gives no hint that the designers were aware of the innuendo; they don't try and capitalize on the joke. Maybe it was an in-joke thing; someone wrote the line and they left it in for the hell of it.

I don't think they made it intentionally ambiguous. I mean, in the floppy version (no voices) of that game, Foster says "Well Doctor, I guess then I have to give you my BALLS." - However, for the Talkie-Version they changed it slightly, so that it is less objectionable. I mean, they can *write* "Balls", but not say it? I doubt they will make a joke of "Massive Erection".

-

Old 11-26-2005, 05:13 PM   #11

Quote:
I mean, in the floppy version (no voices) of that game, Foster says "Well Doctor, I guess then I have to give you my BALLS." - However, for the Talkie-Version they changed it slightly, so that it is less objectionable.
What does he say in the talkie version? I'm curious because the "balls" line is one of my favorite parts of the game. I find it weird that they would change that, especially if they kept those pictures in the doctor's waiting room. Well, now I'm glad that I've always stuck to the floppy disk version.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bysmitty

...bysmitty

Bastard . I just started the game. I hope that doesnt really hurt the rest of the game.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustCropper
What does he say in the talkie version? I'm curious because the "balls" line is one of my favorite parts of the game. I find it weird that they would change that, especially if they kept those pictures in the doctor's waiting room. Well, now I'm glad that I've always stuck to the floppy disk version.

I can't remember what he said. But I think they might have changed it for a reason that is related to the reason why "Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude" was banned in Australia. Revolution is an Australian company, if I remember correctly.

-

Old 11-27-2005, 04:19 AM   #14
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Revolution is an Australian company, if I remember correctly.
Revolution is based in York, Jaz. They're very much British.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-27-2005, 05:24 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Revolution is based in York, Jaz. They're very much British.

Really? Why did I always think they were Australian?

-

Old 11-27-2005, 05:34 AM   #16

The part in Ni.Bi.Ru in which you
Spoiler:
open the secret door by tying a stick of dynamite to a rat... this is amplified by the fact that the main character doesn't seem to mind doing this one bit
Old 11-27-2005, 06:15 AM   #17
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Really? Why did I always think they were Australian?

-
Because the game itself (BASS) is supposed to be set in Australia?

Or maybe just because you're a loony?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-27-2005, 09:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Because the game itself (BASS) is supposed to be set in Australia?

Or maybe just because you're a loony?

Well, all the people in BASS seem to speak an australian accent...

-

Old 11-27-2005, 10:56 AM   #19
Staff Member

Actually, I noticed a whole range of accents (in the english talkie); different regions of Britain, American and Australian. The game is meant to be set in a future Australia.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:02 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuboy
Actually, I noticed a whole range of accents (in the english talkie); different regions of Britain, American and Australian. The game is meant to be set in a future Australia.

I know. I know for a fact that there's a least a city called "Hobart". Don't know about Union City, though...

-