You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure Gaming most Inappropriate moments

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2005, 03:14 PM   #21
Excessively diverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuboy
Actually, I noticed a whole range of accents (in the english talkie); different regions of Britain, American and Australian. The game is meant to be set in a future Australia.
I'm not sure, but I think that one of the guards was supposed to be Welsh. Gilbert Lamb sounded quite Northern, maybe from Yorkshire?
Old 11-27-2005, 03:16 PM   #22
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
I'm not sure, but I think that one of the guards was supposed to be Welsh. Gilbert Lamb sounded quite Northern, maybe from Yorkshire?
This was brought up on the Revolution forums not too long ago. We were assured by Mr Warriner that Australia was the intended setting .

I suspect the use of some British actors led to the strange mix of accents .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-27-2005, 03:28 PM   #23

The cookie puzzle in 'Still Life' has to be up there. And as much as I love the series, the first two 'Discworld' games seem to have a few weird and pointless motifs (weird beyond even the Discworld' standards).

There are also alot of errands for other people that have to be carried out in 'The Longest Journey' - a delivery girl in that magic world, get files for little black kid and the gravity ball thing for the guy with no legs. I know they want favours in return for hospitality, but I just wanna get on with the *bleep*ing story!!!

And for all those who played 'Wanted', why did you need to pull the dentists tooth out?
Old 11-28-2005, 01:50 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroggy
The part in Ni.Bi.Ru in which you
Spoiler:
open the secret door by tying a stick of dynamite to a rat... this is amplified by the fact that the main character doesn't seem to mind doing this one bit
Yeah, I found it slightly inappropriate, too.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:57 AM   #25
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
Gilbert Lamb sounded quite Northern, maybe from Yorkshire?
IMO, G Lamb was heavily influenced by the "Four Yorkshiremen" Monty Python Sketch.