You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Help Me! (Fahrenheit woes)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2005, 10:33 PM   #1

Default Help Me! (Fahrenheit woes)

I got completely freak out by Fahrenheit.

That bloddy mouse rotational movement is sucking all the things in the world. It's so ****ing stupid why the game requires Young Lucas to climb across that fence and let him drop? I have been trying to climb that fence using my mouse and the rotational movement of the mouse which always fails !!!!!! **** that! Can you tell me how do I pass that climbing ****ing thing by cheats! I know my mouse wont do it. And I won't just because I need to do that menaingless ****ing climbing fence to buy a gamepad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** **** ****ing annoying!!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 11:12 PM   #2
Grah! Grah!

I don't know of any cheats, but try just moving the mouse slowly in the correct pattern without worrying about keeping up with the red dot (trying to make the moves in time with the red dot screwed me up a little with the more complex actions.) It's fairly tolerant in terms of the shape of the line as well, it pretty much follows the contours of the circle, which it's impossible to go outside of if I remember right. After a few relaxed tries it shouldn't be too hard, as long as your mouse isn't all clogged with dust or one of those ridiculous ones in the middle of a laptop keyboard.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:13 PM   #3
merely human

I got a better idea. Buy a gamepad.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-11-2005, 11:19 PM   #4
Live Slow Die Old

Woah. I think you need to calm down and go for a walk or something. Maybe a hot bath will do the trick. How about aromatherapy?
Old 11-11-2005, 11:20 PM   #5
merely human

How about buying a gamepad?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-11-2005, 11:23 PM   #6
Grah! Grah!

I've never understood this recommending a gamepad thing for these problems; I've always found mice much more precise, which is really what's needed. Now, if he were talking about the character movement, or problems with Broken Sword 3, a gamepad recommendation I could see...
Old 11-11-2005, 11:42 PM   #7
fov
Rattenmonster

Actually, in this case, a gamepad would help. The motion is more intuitive on a gamepad.

If that's not an option, though, my next suggestion would be to take a deep breath, and stop playing for tonight.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:52 PM   #8
merely human

A gamepad is your friend.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:54 PM   #9
SamNMax

So, uh, does this game suck or something?

Cue the "OMGWTF IT GOT GOOD REVIEWS YOU ARE GHEY LOL" parade!

Old 11-12-2005, 12:21 AM   #10
After 2 years...

I prefer keyboard-mouse combination. Far better and far more presice.
What's this madness with gamepads?
you are in a
Dreamfall
Old 11-12-2005, 12:30 AM   #11
Grah! Grah!

Maybe it's using the thumb which makes it feel more intuitive on both a gamepad and my trackball mouse. Ignore all these other people, get a trackball mouse.

And SamNMax, pretty much, yeah (but not because of the mouse gestures, which are possibly it's second best feature.)
Old 11-12-2005, 08:17 AM   #12

I **** this game's designer all the way down to hell!

This ****ing rotational movement thing is entirely unnecessary. I have failed and not making progress for more than 1 ****ing ****ing ****ing ****ing hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not think it is a problem of my mouse. It's okay! I failed sometimes at the second move, sometimes lat the 5th move. Why is it necessary for the player to experience this??????? This is so ****ing ****ing annoying.

Honestly I have never been so frustrating playing a GAME, a GAME is supposed to relax and to provide us with fun this is not. And for the very least, give us a cheat code to bypass.

I pay for the game and I am stuck forever here now. I can not proceed, do you understand why I am so angry so mad ? I can t return the game to the shop and tell them I can't proceed just because the game stucks me right up at the beginning. I know there are baout 20+ chapters and I am just in the 10th or 11th chapter or so.

**** the game **** that rotational thing **** **** ****!
Old 11-12-2005, 09:27 AM   #13
Hopeful skeptic

Hmm, this part really shouldn't be that hard. I found the climbing a breeze by either control method. Even the mop in the diner was harder. I suggest whatever method you're using, either slow down or speed up. I suspect you're probably being too methodical (slow), and the game is punishing you for it. Really it's just a quick slide and flick, while saying "Wingardium Lev..." wait, no, not the last part. But the movement should be quite quick. If you go fast enough, the game doesn't realize how badly you've done it.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:58 AM   #14

Maybe your mouse is broken..?
Old 11-12-2005, 12:25 PM   #15

When in doubt, get the console version.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #16
merely human

Q Son, what difficulty level are you playing it in?

Jack's advice makes sense. Also, you need a sense of rythm and pacing for those mouse sequences, that's probably what you're missing. Practice, practice. There will be at least a couple more of those sequences later on.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:57 PM   #17

Speaking of cheats...shouldn't Atari/Quantic Dream release them by now? The game's been out for almost two months now.

Someone should e-mail them and find out if/when they are going to release cheat codes for the game.

(By the way I just noticed that a small patch came out for the UK version of the game last month but all it does is fixes a couple small bugs)
Old 11-12-2005, 02:30 PM   #18
fov
Rattenmonster

Also make sure you don't start moving until the little white dot has done one full lap around the track, so to speak. I mean, let the example happen one time before you try to repeat it.

I didn't get stuck at the point you're at, but I had trouble with Carla's yo-yo as well as with another climbing part later in the game, and in both cases waiting for the little white dot to do its thing before I tried to do the motion solved the problem.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:35 PM   #19
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I didn't get stuck at the point you're at, but I had trouble with Carla's yo-yo...
Dammit, I missed that part! I did get to strum guitar with Lucas, though.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:07 AM   #20
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Why would you be trying to rotate the mouse? The game never asks you to do anything like that. Just follow the patterns.