Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Longest Journey 2 (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/11370-longest-journey-2-a.html)

Gknight 10-21-2005 07:09 PM

Longest Journey 2

Funcom is releasing The longest journey 2 (Dreamfall) sometime next year.

Melanie68 10-21-2005 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gknight
Funcom is releasing The longest journey 2 (Dreamfall) sometime next year.

Yes they are

;)

vivasawadee 10-21-2005 07:34 PM

I've just bought Longest Journey this week. By the look of things I won't be finished till next year which is perfect timing for Dreamfall :D

With games like Shadow of Colossus and Civilization 4 on the way, I was really hoping to play and finish Longest Journey within a week or 2 :crazy:

Legolas813 10-21-2005 08:10 PM

We've only been following this game for two years. ;) And it's #1 on our Hype-o-Meter (bottom of the home page). Anyway, here's the official Dreamfall site and a fan site.

Terramax 10-22-2005 03:12 AM

I just hope the story gets on alot faster than in the original.:frown:

vivasawadee 10-22-2005 08:35 AM

Damn straight. Less talking and more ACTION!

I nearly gave up the Longest Journey after the first converstation with the lesbian landlady :frown:

* Not that theres anything wrong with lesbian landladies ;)

pleto4_ryan 10-22-2005 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivasawadee
Less talking and more ACTION!

*hides behind a couch before the flame of hardcore adventuregamers

Fairygdmther 10-22-2005 09:20 AM

You called?

vivisawadee--> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...leys/chair.gif <--FGM

Bobby_Jenkins 10-23-2005 01:22 PM

Let's just hope there's less of that annoying bird this time round...yes, the amazing bird that is able to live as long as the child of a dragon some how....

Captain Blondebeard 10-23-2005 01:25 PM

Not thrilled about action.

Dasilva 10-23-2005 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairygdmther

Haha, thats funny. :)

Well I love the action, as long as there is an equal blend of Action & Adventure I'm happy. I hate games that focus entirly on puzzles or entirly on action. I QFG had a great balance of action & puzzle solving.

vivasawadee 10-23-2005 08:11 PM

Sorry, meant to define action in adventure games as unique, logical puzzles and quality conversations. Not the inane chattering that was in TLJ.

For example : "What made you like me when we first met" in TLJ and the Still Life cookie puzzle. As connoisseurs of the genre we have a right to be more demanding :pan:

Quote:

Let's just hope there's less of that annoying bird this time round
Oh please let that be the case. Maybe they should implement a gaffer tape option? :D

Melanie68 10-23-2005 08:30 PM

Quote:

Sorry, meant to define action in adventure games as unique, logical puzzles and quality conversations. Not the inane chattering that was in TLJ.

I never considered that inane chatter. Okay at times it got lengthy. But it really gave you a lot of backstory on the characters and it made me care about them and what happened. Some of that dialogue (especially in the art gallery) was very profound and intelligent in my opinion.

insane_cobra 10-23-2005 11:19 PM

Quote:

Oh please let that be the case. Maybe they should implement a gaffer tape option? :D

What's wrong with you people? Bird is one of my favorite TLJ characters, I want a whole flock this time around. :D

Melanie68 10-23-2005 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane_cobra
What's wrong with you people? Bird is one of my favorite TLJ characters, I want a whole flock this time around. :D

But can she fit all of them into her pockets? ;)

insane_cobra 10-23-2005 11:36 PM

Weeeell, They might make a nest on top of her head. :)