You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Full Throttle: The Movie

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-13-2005, 05:19 AM   #1
Shady AGP

Send a message via AIM to Wreck
Full Throttle: The Movie

I was bit torrenting around the other evening and I found "Full Throttle: The Movie" edited by VG and it was a 500 meg download. I viewed it and it was 1 hour and 3 minutes long. Basically it's an entire movie of the game. The game intro starts up, but as Ben crawls out of the dumpster and moves about, you can't see the player's mouse icon or any of the menu systems. Any unneccesary talking or searching around is cut out, so basically you will see the character walk around but only go directly to what he needs to do move forward. You really kept a movie style format moving as the player quickly moved through the game, and edited all the scenes together so that it really felt like you were watching a movie, not watching a game be played.

I felt it was definately worth the mentioning.

Follow the link below to google, where I searched for "Full Throttle Movie Lucasarts" and I found quite a few links to the torrent file. I have taken down the link to the website I orginaly posted since some members pointed out that the website has pirated material on it.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ovie+lucasarts

He did skip one area however in the film. When he arrives in the biker terrority, almost all of it is left out (fighting the gangs, getting weapons, and sneaking into the cavefish hideout). So basically you see him arrive at the roadside barn, and instantly chase Moreen out and he jumps the bridge.

But still, VERY cool movie. It's basically your walkthrough in living color.
www.josephgoss.com

Last edited by Wreck; 10-14-2005 at 09:10 AM.

10-13-2005, 08:39 AM   #2
Bad command or file name

Sweet find! Adventure game machinima. I always thought something like this would be cool. Now I just need to figure out how to 'torrent' a file. ??? Thanx for the link.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!

10-13-2005, 08:58 AM   #3
Shady AGP

Hah Machinima. That is great. I started in Machinima in 1998 by doing Quad God (which was featured in SPIN Magazine). I did several others like CTF: War Between the Colors and then moved onto CGI and did Quake: The Movie and Extreme Measures.

I didn't know anyone else talkeda bout Machinima.com or the genre really. Hah

Torrent: Download Bit Torrent Downloaded. Then what you do is you download the Full Throttle Torrent File. Click on it and it will open Bit Torrent Downloader. It will then connect out to a download location and run for days if necessary to constantly connect and get you that file.
www.josephgoss.com

10-13-2005, 09:04 AM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

This is a neat idea. I wonder what software was used to make the movie? Someone asked in the Fahrenheit chat a few weeks ago if there was any way to watch Fahrenheit as a movie... sounds exactly like what this guy did with Full Throttle.

10-13-2005, 09:40 AM   #5
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Too bad the mine road stuff wasn't included somehow, even as a series of quick cuts. The super low angle shots where ben picks up the different weapons are totally iconic.

I made my own Full Throttle The Movie a zillion years ago on my parents Mac Quadra which had video out, but it was just done by pausing the VCR and stuff. I only got half way through the game and got bored with it. I still have it somewhere. A classic watch, to be sure. I can bootleg it if anyone's interested

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens

10-13-2005, 11:18 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Wow, I predicted this thread would be deleted/locked within a few minutes of it being posted, but surprisingly it wasn't. I know it wouldn't survive at any other site.

Anyways, too bad my campus blocks torrents or I'd be all over this.

10-13-2005, 11:34 AM   #7

Could someone put this up on some other download which is not torrent because more could download it.

10-13-2005, 01:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813
Wow, I predicted this thread would be deleted/locked within a few minutes of it being posted, but surprisingly it wasn't. I know it wouldn't survive at any other site.

Anyways, too bad my campus blocks torrents or I'd be all over this.
Same here.

This particular torrent is nice, of course (I've just skimmed over the video), but the overall site seems like a warez feast.

10-13-2005, 01:54 PM   #9
Evil Webmaster

Hmm, I actually think it could have been better, the cuts (from the inventory being removed) are quite evident and the dialogue is a bit awkward at times.
Still, nice, even if as a Full Throttle fan I didn't appreciate it as much as I thought
So there you go

10-13-2005, 05:13 PM   #10
Shady AGP

I didn't know Torrents were illegal. *shrug

I've put many of my own films up using torrents, especially when the file size is so large. Makes downloading files very handy. The software isn't bad, it's the use of it some people have. I didn't even look at the website content I linked. I just know the Full Throttle torrent was there.
www.josephgoss.com

10-13-2005, 05:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreck
I didn't know Torrents were illegal. *shrug
Torrents are only illegal if it's not legal to download them (games, music, movies) A lot of people use torrents to distribute stuff legally because it's a lot easier than hosting the file.

10-13-2005, 08:05 PM   #12

We need a monkey island movie.

10-14-2005, 01:42 AM   #13

As far as the movie is concerned, I wish they would have used one of SCUMMVM's graphics filters. I always use one of those while replaying old Lucas.

10-14-2005, 02:16 AM   #14
After 2 years...

oh, damn...its's time like these that i would love to have a DSL.
you are in a
Dreamfall

10-14-2005, 02:31 AM   #15
T.J. Hooker's Lovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreck
But still, VERY cool movie. It's basically your walkthrough in living color.
Good find. I was trying to figure out a way to do the same sort of thing with LSL7 two years back with hooking up my video card to my VCR. It didn't come out right because my VCR is a ho, but I still plan to do sometime in the future.

10-14-2005, 05:07 AM   #16
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blondebeard
We need a monkey island movie.
Is this close enough for you, Blondie?

http://www.worldofmi.com/features/miplay/

Anyhoo. I also wish there was a non-Torrent way to download this, but I guess it's too big.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."

10-14-2005, 07:13 AM   #17
Freeware Co-ordinator

Is this the revenge of Hollywood?

"You make movies interactive. Now see how you like it when we make your games non-interactive!"

Going to have to look at this when I get home. Got a BitTorrent client for downloading The White Chamber.

BitTorrent isn't illegal (yet) but tends to be used for illegal things a lot because of the large file sizes involved in such activities as pirating movies.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree

10-14-2005, 07:54 AM   #18
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813
We delete links promoting illegal game downloads, but that's not what this is. I'm not exactly sure of the legality of the movie in question, but it's a light enough shade of grey not to fuss over.

10-14-2005, 08:05 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
We delete links promoting illegal game downloads, but that's not what this is. I'm not exactly sure of the legality of the movie in question, but it's a light enough shade of grey not to fuss over.
Yeah, but the site the link links to is choke-full of warez.

It's like putting a link to download Flight of the Amazon Queen on the underdogs. Would that be ok?

10-14-2005, 08:11 AM   #20
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
It's like putting a link to download Flight of the Amazon Queen on the underdogs. Would that be ok?
I certainly wouldn't have a problem with that. If the link (and accompanying post) is to a legitimate download, then there's no reason to deny it.

I'm more tempted to delete your two references to all the warez available, which the original post didn't draw attention to. (I won't, of course.)

Ninth