You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Hope Springs Eternal released + walkthrough

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2005, 02:54 PM   #1

Default Hope Springs Eternal released + walkthrough

Another Carol Reed Mystery … The ‘sequel’ to Remedy.
http://www.mdna-games.com/
((( US$18 including WORLDWIDE packing & instant airmailing.)))

A very detailed walkthrough walkthrough (almost a 'companion') HERE.

To give a little taste of Hope Springs Eternal, below are just a few extracts from the Introduction to its 'Walkthrough'.

****** Most, if not all, of the actions which you perform in the game are interesting and provide much of the background story to the game, and particularly to the fascinating (and artistic) character and scenery of Norrköping … a relatively small town in Sweden, and home to the Developers, Mikael and Eleen Nyqvist.

****** The walkthrough does not do justice to “Hope”! A very great part of the interest and beauty of the game is wandering around through the extremely large number of locations, views, and residences … There are actually so many that I’m pretty certain that I missed a few !

****** This is a first-person game and much of the intricacy and pleasure lies in browsing around … and as aforementioned there is a lot of that. I personally frequently ‘got lost’ looking for some location or object (even occasionally inside a residence!), and sometimes after finding it, lost my way again on returning. However, there is absolutely no tiny-pixel hunting!

****** There are absolutely no action sequences, and you never get killed in this game. There is no so called ‘bad language’ or ‘adult material’. It is all first-person and mouse driven point & click. There are full (and excellent) English subtitles for ALL speech.

****** There are a number of puzzles in the game. For veteran gamers they are all pretty easy. However, 6 are a bit ‘tricky’ … mainly, one slider puzzle (albeit made particularly easy to solve) which some players hate.
For ALL of these 6 ‘nasties’, an automatic solution has been incorporated, thus eliminating the need for spoiling your game by having to switch to somebody else’s through being forced to request a save-game.
Just move your cursor down to the bottom right corner of your screen and click on the “By Pass” button … and lo & behold, the puzzle is solved for you!
At the end of the game, if you solved every puzzle by yourself (not TOO difficult a task actually) you are awarded 5 stars!
You obtain 1 less star for every puzzle you by-passed (however, if you by-passed 5 or 6 puzzles, I’m afraid you’ll see no stars or mention of them at all !)
Old 03-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Welcome to AG Racey7. I moved your post to its own thread in the Hints forum.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
Psychonaut

*bump*

Game Giveaway has Hope Springs Eternal for free. It must be downloaded and installed today, though, or it won't work.

http://game.giveawayoftheday.com/hope-springs-eternal/

-props to Shany on JA+ for pointing this out
Old 01-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Great news! I'm downloading it right away: I always wanted to play the Carol Reed mysteries and I never got the right chance, so this is really a gift!

Thanks Lucien for pointing this out!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 01-18-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
I changed my title

Thanks Lucien. I'm passing the credit to Darlene from Gameboomers who first posted this bit of info.