You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Indigo Prophecy -- possible endings [SPOILERS]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2005, 01:07 PM   #1

Default Indigo Prophecy -- possible endings [SPOILERS]

Hey, could you guys post all the Indigo Prophecy endings you encountered.

My ending:

Spoiler:
The Indigo child told Lucas the secret. Carla is pregnant with Lucas' child. Tiff dies.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:14 PM   #2
Super Moderator

http://forums.adventuregamers.com/showpost.php?p=187182&postcount=50
Old 10-01-2005, 11:40 PM   #3

Spoiler:

There are three main endings. However, depending on the choices you make during the orphanage chapter and the outcome of your battles on the last level, the final PRE ENDING sequences can be completely different. So, while you will still only have 3 endings to choose from, you can manipulate what the variables of the last level of the game will be. In other words, your final level sequence can have like over 15 different scenes before the ending.

Anyway, there is a detailed list of lots of possible endings in the game including endings you see when you screw up and lose. Go to db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/indigo_prophecy_ending.txt

EDIT: Well I just read through that thing one more time, and it looks like it doesn't quite cover all the possible last level scenes yet but I have no time/interest to sit and post them all.

Last edited by entranced; 10-02-2005 at 01:45 AM.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:33 AM   #4
merely human

Just finished the game. I got 3 possible endings, though now I'm not sure if there are any more endings or if it's merely a matter variations toward each of the 3 endings:

Spoiler:
1. Lucas gets the secret, the world warms up, he sits in a sickeningly sweet pastoral setting, and Carla's pregnant with the next Indigo Child, or at least another Chroma Child.

Spoiler:
2. The Oracle gets the secret and the Orange Clan continue ruling the world, which warms up, Lucas is back home, and Carla's pregnant.

Spoiler:
3. The Purple Clan get the secret, the world stays frigid, Lucas returns underground with The Invisibles, and Carla's pregnant.

As entranced pointed out, minor decisions you make later in the game affect the details of the story without changing any of the 3 endings. Which I think is perfectly fine and I actually like how it's done. You are given enough flexibility to shape your own experience of the main story that must remain unchanged.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-02-2005, 01:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Just finished the game. I got 3 possible endings, though now I'm not sure if there are any more endings or if it's merely a matter variations toward each of the 3 endings
The later (I mentioned this in my post right above yours). There are over 20 variations if you want to be very technical about it (i.e., let Lucas lose battle but let Carla revive him and then let Lucas lose again..etc).
Old 10-02-2005, 01:52 AM   #6

There's one major factor that gives you several possible variations before the ending that I don't see listed on any of the FAQs I've glanced at:

Spoiler:
Do not rescue the Indigo Child (Jade) when you're at the orphanage. Let the timer expire without going into her room, and then run away from the Oracle as he approaches you. Continue on from that point as normal. This single choice affects 4 or 5 small things before you reach the bunker, and then once inside there are 5 or 6 potential variations you'd only get to see because of the fact that you didn't rescue Jade...and depending on which variation you cause, you get 1 of the 3 endings as usual.

Last edited by entranced; 10-02-2005 at 01:58 AM.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by entranced
One major ending variation I don't see listed on any of the FAQs I've glanced at:

Spoiler:
Do not rescue the Indigo Child (Jade) when you're at the orphanage. Let the timer expire and then run away from the Oracle. This choice has the potential to affect 6 or 7 things before you end the game.
That's what happened to me, lol. I ran out of time and ran out of the exit door.

Spoiler:
...to fight the Oracle