Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Bad Brain site update (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/10634-bad-brain-site-update.html)

Dale Baldwin 09-25-2005 12:08 PM

Bad Brain site update

It would seem that Bad Brain are still alive.

New website, with new(?) point+click game mentioned: The Whispered Wor[l]d.
Release date of I-Jet seems to have changed to February 2007, and there is a screenshot of The Orgastic Four (still due December 2006).

nordic_guy 09-25-2005 12:41 PM

I actually like the art for The Whispered World. It looks like a good game for kids, at least.

But how many people do they have on their team? It looks like they are developing 5 different games at the same time.

Kolzig 09-25-2005 12:52 PM

Those screenshots for that new game look great, they really do seem to have some talented artists working at Bad-Brain.
I just wonder will they ever finish any of their games.

In the news section and CEO blog they say that one game has already been cancelled/sold to some other company and one other game is going through a third development team already.

Also they are saying that this Whispered Wor[l]d game is going to have a demo and trailer release soon.

EDIT: Hmm, could this game be the work of Synthetix Interactive the makers of the yet unreleased Project Joe, when I quickly compared screenshots, the quality of the art looks about the same? Marek did write a news post about an agreement between Synthetix and Bad-Brain back in January?
(I now this is reaching a bit too far, but...)

Erwin_Br 09-25-2005 02:45 PM

Hey, the background artwork for Whispered Wor[l]d *does* look similar in style to that of Joe. But so does the artwork for Orgastic Four!

--Erwin

artwking4 09-25-2005 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolzig
Those screenshots for that new game look great, they really do seem to have some talented artists working at Bad-Brain.
I just wonder will they ever finish any of their games.

Actually, The Whispered Wor[l]d is a project by a graphic design student from Germany, and screenshots of the game have been floating around for a few months. Last month, Adventure Europe did a preview for the game that you can see right here:

http://www.adventure-eu.com/index.ph...d=81&Itemid=30

It was only recently that it was picked up by Bad Brain. Let's hope that this partnership fares better than A Vampyre Story did, at least.

Kolzig 09-25-2005 10:18 PM

But I doubt that Hüllen himself is the only man developing that game, even though he is the project lead.

TO4 pics also look very good, but the idea for that game is a bit "stupid". :)

SakSquash 09-25-2005 10:42 PM

Woah woah woah, I thought bad brain was behind MST3k?

artwking4 09-25-2005 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolzig
TO4 pics also look very good, but the idea for that game is a bit "stupid". :)

An A-Team parody? I don't think it's any more stupid than most comic adventure game ideas. I was hesitant to try Day of the Tentacle at one time because it just didn't seem like it was all that interesting of an idea. Ohhhh, tentacles trying to take over the world. Turned out to be very clever, though. I loved the use of time travel in the puzzles. Anyway, it'll all depend on the writing. Last I heard, Benjamin "Yahtzee" Croshaw was working on the story.

artwking4 09-25-2005 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Woah woah woah, I thought bad brain was behind MST3k?

It's actually Best Brains, Inc, who did MST3K. Sometimes I get confused, too.

imichaelj 09-25-2005 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artwking4
It's actually Best Brains, Inc, who did MST3K. Sometimes I get confused, too.

One of those great things that emerged from Minnesota. Along with Bob Dylan and Judy Garland. Seems we only produce one famous thing every few decades. ;)

Marek 09-26-2005 02:19 AM

Quote:

Quizzoid will never see the inside of a store because we needed money and sold it to a company that will use it for promotional purposes on roadshows. We are giving Rocks a third try. Two teams did not make it. So it is up to team three now. I guess we are on the right track now.
No comment.

nihil 09-26-2005 02:29 AM

Team #3 for a boulder-dash clone? *lol*

Udvarnoky 09-26-2005 05:09 AM

Is Hal Barwood still "maybe" on the I-Jet team?

RemiO 09-26-2005 06:02 AM

Hal is, as far as I've heard, definitely out.