You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Broken Sword, The Sleeping Dragon

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2005, 10:04 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to kathrynrose Send a message via Yahoo to kathrynrose
Default Broken Sword, The Sleeping Dragon

This is my first post here, so bear with me Also first time im playing an adventure game that is not point and click. Just started on Broken Sword and enjoying it very much. The animation and graphics are better than i had imagined and the controls dont seem to be a problem, at least so far Thanks for hearing me out here
Old 09-24-2005, 10:08 AM   #2
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

Cool.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneho Chane
Cool.
Hope yoiu enjoy it as much as I did. It's a great game with a lot of sparkling dialogue although the ending is a bit loopy.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:05 PM   #4
I needed a dare

Good game, wish i got the pc version first. the xbox version has long,long load times.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:31 PM   #5
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop
Good game, wish i got the pc version first. the xbox version has long,long load times.
That may have been why I stopped playing...then lost it.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:00 AM   #6
Lazi

Yeah, i replayed it one year later too! just too good...
Old 09-26-2005, 03:01 PM   #7
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum!

I am playing this game right now and have been enjoying it a lot. I'm using a gamepad and am finding the controls pretty easy. I like it better than the previous two Broken Sword games... not sure why, but I just feel more immersed in the story.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycomb
Hope yoiu enjoy it as much as I did. It's a great game with a lot of sparkling dialogue although the ending is a bit loopy.
I blame Steve Ince
Old 09-26-2005, 09:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Welcome to the forum!

I am playing this game right now and have been enjoying it a lot. I'm using a gamepad and am finding the controls pretty easy. I like it better than the previous two Broken Sword games... not sure why, but I just feel more immersed in the story.
You are one of the few here that actually enjoys the newer type games. I liked it but I would rather play the first two any day.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:24 PM   #10

It was an excellent game for me personally. Not quite perfect, and that has a bit to do with the fact that I didn't use a gamepad (which makes all the difference). Many of the puzzles succumbed to the formulaic unimaginative drivel plaguing most adventure games, but what made up for it were the handsome, lush graphics, the spunky characters (especially the intelligent and sexy Nicole), and Steve's spritely writing talent.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:30 PM   #11

I enjoyed it, and I am playing it again now. As for the "loopy" ending... the ending of "the Smoking Mirror" wasn't much better. The only bad thing that I can say about the game is that some areas should have been given some more attention as they were sorely lacking in detail. An Example (without giving too much away): the theatre lobby.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:25 AM   #12
Knights Templar

Strangely enough, i'm just replaying it now. The first time around i absolutely despised the stealth and box puzzles. They dont seem that much of a problem now - still unwelcome in a BS game, just not as bad as I first thought.
On the whole though, great game, can't wait for Broken Sword 4
Old 09-27-2005, 12:39 AM   #13
Point and click

The box puzzles were annoying. Hopefully they'll be scrapped in the new game. On the whole though, I did enjoy the game but prefer the point and click interface of the first two games.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:56 AM   #14
Knights Templar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzochris
The box puzzles were annoying. Hopefully they'll be scrapped in the new game. On the whole though, I did enjoy the game but prefer the point and click interface of the first two games.
Me too. Its a case of just because it CAN be 3D, doesnt mean it SHOULD.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:27 AM   #15

Well the Broken Sword games have always had an annoying element/puzzle in them. In BS3 it was a bigger issue as it was used more often, whereas in BS1 the Goat-puzzle some seem to hate so much only appeared once. I don't quite remember if BS2 had any such moments...
Old 09-27-2005, 08:28 AM   #16
Lazi

The guy from Revolution once implied that because there were rushing for the release of BS3 in a short time, so it could only allow so many box moving puzzles without a choice....I guess this won't happen again in BS4 ?
Old 09-27-2005, 02:00 PM   #17

The PS2 loading times were awful and that really made the game hard to put up with. Box and stealth sections aside, the plot and characters were as enjoyable as ever.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:13 PM   #18

I really think they are trying to hide BS2. It's not a problem to find BS1 and BS3 in large stores, but never have I come across BS2 in bargain bins. Could this be a conspiracy of the Templars ??
Too bad that BS2 did not make it onto GameBoy. Never have I played more with the GameBoy Advanced than when I bought BS1.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:47 PM   #19

That is true, I found Broken Sword II by chance while visiting my brother in London... before that all search-efforts had been in vain.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:25 AM   #20

Send a message via MSN to feisar

the box/crate puzzles were a revelation compared to the broken stealth sections. Like the castle and the underground base: sneak; seen by a guard you didnt know was there because of the camera angles; instant death; huge loading time; start again from begining of scene. ARGH! Like In Cold Blood all over again..

Enjoyed what I played of the game though. For some reason it did feel more immersive, I think its because we already know all the characters and the quality of the script.