You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure new Sherlock Holmes screenshots

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2005, 11:40 AM   #1

Default new Sherlock Holmes screenshots

http://www.aventurenews.com/screensh...erlockholmes3/
Old 09-23-2005, 11:52 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Now I know why I don't like the dentist *shudder*

http://www.aventurenews.com/images/0000e6/
Old 09-23-2005, 11:52 AM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum.

I knew Frogwares had alluded to a new Sherlock Holmes game, but I hadn't heard anything more about it. From the news on this page (which I'm able to understand most of with my limited French ), it sounds like the game was only formally announced yesterday?

Apparently it's going to be in 3D, like 80 Days. Interesting...

EDIT: Are these screenshots or concept art? They look too "sketchy" to be actual screenshots (although that sketchy style is kind of neat).
Old 09-23-2005, 12:00 PM   #4

I'm from Frogwares team, and GD of 80 days, Wael is too busy with 80 days master preparation, but he asked me to put the artworks ( there are not screenshots but artworks) on your site tonight.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:05 PM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

Thanks, Plume! Tell Wael thanks for thinking of us.

I look forward to hearing more about the new game.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:20 PM   #6
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Sherlock Holmes 3? I know of three Sherlock Holmes games already.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:21 PM   #7
fov
Rattenmonster

This will be the third one made by Frogwares. The first two were Mystery of the Mummy and Secret of the Silver Earring.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
This will be the third one made by Frogwares. The first two were Mystery of the Mummy and Secret of the Silver Earring.
Which one is the new Sherlock Holmes going to play more like? Mystery of the Mummy or Secret of the Silver Earring?
Old 09-23-2005, 02:56 PM   #9
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

wow. I thought those were the screenshots. It would be very cool if they went in a cartoon background direction for the new game. Although I loved the last game's visuals as well.

This is exciting! Can't wait for 80 days....

they also did Journey to the Center of the Earth which was quite fun.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:11 PM   #10
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy007
Which one is the new Sherlock Holmes going to play more like? Mystery of the Mummy or Secret of the Silver Earring?
Maybe a French speaker can help us out here?

Quote:
Comme les précédents, il s'agira d'une enquête inédite de Sherlock Holmes. The Awaken s'annonce résolument sombre et adulte, aux dires de Focus. Le jeu réutilisera le moteur 3D (et donc probablement l'interface) de 80 jours, également développé par Frogwares et qui sort le mois prochain.
If I'm reading this right, it says that like the previous games, this one (The Awaken) will be a Sherlock Homles investigation with a serious and mature storyline. The game will use the 3D movement (and probably the same interface) as 80 days, which was recently developed by Frogwares and which is coming out next month.

How'd I do? Should I quit my job and move to Paris?
Old 09-23-2005, 03:34 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov

If I'm reading this right, it says that like the previous games, this one (The Awaken) will be a Sherlock Homles investigation with a serious and mature storyline. The game will use the 3D movement (and probably the same interface) as 80 days, which was recently developed by Frogwares and which is coming out next month.

Ninth will pick you up at the Charles de Gaulle Airport and you can sit by the Seine writing medical pamphlets and playing games by night after you've frequented one of the many lovely cafes.

Back to the game. I'm looking forward to it. I just hope there is no forest maze puzzle (that was a tad frustrating).

Old 09-23-2005, 11:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov

As the original writer of the news story, I can say you did a good job at translating it!

Btw, hello all. Eventhough I've been reading the AG forums for a while, I just registered.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:30 PM   #13
merely human

Hey, welcome Netsabes!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-24-2005, 08:06 AM   #14
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netsabes
As the original writer of the news story, I can say you did a good job at translating it!

Btw, hello all. Eventhough I've been reading the AG forums for a while, I just registered.
Thanks. My high school French teacher would be so proud.

And welcome to the forum!
Old 09-24-2005, 12:41 PM   #15

But this is too bad if they are using the same interface as 80 Days. I understand this is strictly keyboard controlled and not Mouse supported, at least for character movement and other aspects of gameplay. Not very user friendly for many Adventure Gamers.

Antoinetta
Old 09-24-2005, 02:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I like the Google Language Tools, too

Das Jan
Old 09-25-2005, 01:56 AM   #17

I edited this one too

the game has mouse and keyboard controls, as 80 days, you can even change them if you wish to.
The controls are similar to Mafia, Splinter Cell, with third person camera in the back of Oliver as suggest the 80 days screenshots.

I personally dislike very much the fixed camera angle as we had in BS3 or lately in Bone, as it is very difficult for me to orientate myself. Beside As 80 days has huge levels, with vehicle driving and 3D puzzles, this option had even more reasons to be chosen, it would have been even impossible to play with fixed 3D cameras.

For the next Sherlock Holmes are using 3rd person and 1st person in some instances, the gameplay being more concentrated around the character himself with physics enigma and dynamic lighting enigmas.

Last edited by wael; 09-25-2005 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:00 AM   #18
merely human

Sorry about that, wael. My post has been retracted.

So, how will it be in terms of interface? We know next to nothing right now. Please enlighten.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-26-2005, 10:40 AM   #19
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

I am (mostly) always for new Sherlock Holmes games!

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 09-26-2005, 10:52 AM   #20

I'm not sure about the name "The Awaken" (maybe a mistranslation?) but the art looks great.