You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy gets a 8 from Edge

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2005, 12:02 PM   #21
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I wasn't that convinced on the the 'crisp' textures on the PC to merit getting that version. And I as far as I can tell the graphics seem 'basic' compared to, say, HL2 - nothing the Xbox can't handle. So for me it's a matter of other things determining which version to get.

.....like whether to play it sprawled comfortably on the sheepskin rug or the couch.
Xbox could barely handle Invisible Wars and that was two years ago and the game had really low resolution textures. The demo had graphics certainly on par with HL2, the areas were smaller though.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:05 PM   #22
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fop
Xbox could barely handle Invisible Wars and that was two years ago and the game had really low resolution textures. The demo had graphics certainly on par with HL2, the areas were smaller though.
This was as much the fault of shoddy coding as the XBox's limited processing power. The game was slow even on a high spec PC, don't forget. Also, I doubt that Fahrenheit has to also process real time shadows and sophisticated NPC AI, so there's more room for other visual processing.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 09-05-2005, 10:43 PM   #23
merely human

Looks like another notch for this game:

Quote:
Fahrenheit (Xbox) heralds the renaissance in adventure games. The puzzles are logical and use common sense. The cinematic feeling, excellent voice acting, gripping action sequences and excellent audiovisual elements complement the tightly woven plot. The story and scene’s change according to the players choices and actions, which has often been talked about, but rarely implemented as well as in Fahrenheit. The game proves that adventure games are not dead, they just needed to find a way to adjust. [Sept 2005, p.52]
Pelaaja Magazine (Finland), from Metacritic
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-06-2005, 05:25 AM   #24
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

They should replace Pelaaja with Pelit in Metacritic, but that's just my opinion.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:52 AM   #25

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Sort of Off-Topic: I'm surprised at the sudden response to this game on non-adventure sites. I think what helped the game a lot was the Indigo demo in the latest Official Xbox Magazine. I've been visiting a bunch of other forums, witnessing people who have never heard of the game until they played it with OXM. Appealing to the consoles for this game WAS the right decision. I am personally extremely hyped for this game and I'm so glad that it might actually get mass attention.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #26

im on a amd64 3500, 3gb ram, geforce 6800 gt playing the demo on 1600 it runs fine.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:13 PM   #27
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813
Sort of Off-Topic: I'm surprised at the sudden response to this game on non-adventure sites. I think what helped the game a lot was the Indigo demo in the latest Official Xbox Magazine. I've been visiting a bunch of other forums, witnessing people who have never heard of the game until they played it with OXM. Appealing to the consoles for this game WAS the right decision. I am personally extremely hyped for this game and I'm so glad that it might actually get mass attention.
It also is NOT your stereotypical story driven game (read: 'adventure game') with stupidly designed, artificially inseminated puzzles (frankly, many people consider that boring). And it injects you with a particular kind of suspense that, say, a Madden game or a racing game never can. I've also been seeing a lot of support for and excitement over it from hardcore gamers at non-adventure gaming sites and news sources, like Blues News and Gamespy and several other sites; many of these people even go so far to say that it may possibly spark renewed interest in adventure gaming (and they've said they loved games like Grim Fandango, Syberia, and other adventures but stopped playing games from the genre in the past several years because it got stale and boring, moving onto other games like World of Warcraft or KOTOR to get some of their adventuring fix).

And definitely, that it's on consoles helps tremendously, but I think it's ultimately a combination of all the above - it's not your typical video game, regardless of genre.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-20-2005, 02:03 PM   #28
merely human

If anyone finds any more new reviews of Indigo Prophecy / Fahrenheit out there, please give us the link to it in this thread. Thanks.