Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure Shop (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure-shop/)
-   -   Remedy - Not Working due to missing file? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure-shop/29476-remedy-not-working-due-missing-file.html)

LouiseK 08-06-2011 11:16 AM

Remedy - Not Working due to missing file?

Hiya,

Just bought "Remedy - A Carol Reed Mystery" and i downloaded it and installed it twice now from scratch and i'm getting the same error:

"Error description: Error loading the main program window. Try restarting the program. Component 'Gif89.dll' or one of it's dependancies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid"

I bought and installed both the earlier game and the later game in the series and both work fine.

I registered this game like the others - just put in the key with an internet connection.

Would appreciate a fix asap, thanks.

Damon 08-08-2011 02:54 AM

Hello LouiseK,

Thank you for letting us know.
Did you sent an email to our technical support?

This is the first time that we have a complaint on the package we are providing with this game. I would like to understand what is happening.

Damon

Dale Baldwin 08-08-2011 04:01 AM

This might not be immediately of much help, but people have apparently had the same problem with BigFishGames' package of the game too.

LouiseK 08-08-2011 04:07 AM

Thanks for the replies :)

I haven't emailed the tech suport but i will, i am under the impression it is a slow process...

I'll try and download that file thingy but if my system crashes your in BIG trouble.

LouiseK 08-08-2011 04:22 AM

OK, so i downloaded the file and went to the folder and there was actually a Gif89.dll file in there... I replaced it with the one i download but didn't make a difference.

LouiseK 08-09-2011 08:08 AM

Any ideas on an eta for tech support responses? I'm nearly done with both the other games :shifty:

LouiseK 08-11-2011 12:44 AM

They still haven't even acknowledged i've contacted them yet and the game still isn't working.

How long does it normally take to acknowledge and investigate a tech issue with a game?

It's a bit rediculous.

LouiseK 08-14-2011 07:35 AM

Ok - you guys STILL haven't even acknowledged my problem.

Is this the tech SUPPORT that you was advising that i used because all i can see so far is thew minus on my bank stantment into YOUR pocket for NOTHING in return!

Click to confirm you order to donate your hard earned money to the Adventure Shop charity - is that what is was?!

tsa 10-22-2011 01:29 PM

I have the game on CD and I can send you a copy if you like. PM me if you do.