A Vampyre Story - French?! - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Adventure Shop A Vampyre Story - French?!


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 50
Default A Vampyre Story - French?!

Hey guys, a while back I bought A Vampyre Story from TAS when it was on sale for $14, and today I finally downloaded and installed it. Trouble is, it's entirely in French!
I never buy *anything* in any language other than in English. As much as I would LOVE to, I don't speak French. At all. I was quite shocked frankly and have no idea how this happened. Is there any way the situation can be rectified, e.g. a "return" of the game and a refund?
TalC2 is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
Staff Member
 
Pinchpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: England
Posts: 164
Default

I don't own the game from the Adventure Shop, so I can't help first hand (I'm no official word), but do you think there may have been an installer option that you overlooked to select the language? Or perhaps there's a way to change the language in-game? The French for settings is "paramètres", is that available from the menu?

The Adventure Shop may have accidentally hosted the French files on their server, but I'd imagine most languages would come under one installer so that seems unlikely. Either way, the language on the game page is listed as English, so don't worry, you didn't buy the French version by mistake.
Pinchpenny is offline  
Old 05-30-2011, 12:51 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchpenny View Post
I don't own the game from the Adventure Shop, so I can't help first hand (I'm no official word), but do you think there may have been an installer option that you overlooked to select the language? Or perhaps there's a way to change the language in-game? The French for settings is "paramètres", is that available from the menu?

The Adventure Shop may have accidentally hosted the French files on their server, but I'd imagine most languages would come under one installer so that seems unlikely. Either way, the language on the game page is listed as English, so don't worry, you didn't buy the French version by mistake.
No, there's no way of changing it...What else, I've just noticed that the install .exe file is named: Vampyre_Fr_Setup, the 'Fr' obviously denoting 'French'.

Please, I really need to have a solution for this. This happened entirely by mistake, I had no idea that I was downloading the French version.
TalC2 is offline  
Old 05-30-2011, 03:35 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 50
Default

I'm sorry for the double post, anyone knows of a direct email address to which I can send a ticket or something? Couldn't find anything on their website.
TalC2 is offline  
Old 05-30-2011, 03:51 AM   #5
Staff Member
 
Pinchpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: England
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalC2 View Post
No, there's no way of changing it...What else, I've just noticed that the install .exe file is named: Vampyre_Fr_Setup, the 'Fr' obviously denoting 'French'.
This may sound silly, but try replacing "Fr" with "En" (for English) in the download URL and see if that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalC2 View Post
I'm sorry for the double post, anyone knows of a direct email address to which I can send a ticket or something? Couldn't find anything on their website.
I can't find an email address to contact Adventure Shop directly either, but if you go to their support page, select a category and then click the 'Ask a Question' tab you'll be a given a form to fill out.
Pinchpenny is offline  
Old 05-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchpenny View Post
This may sound silly, but try replacing "Fr" with "En" (for English) in the download URL and see if that works.



I can't find an email address to contact Adventure Shop directly either, but if you go to their support page, select a category and then click the 'Ask a Question' tab you'll be a given a form to fill out.
Thanks a lot for all the help! I really appreciate it.
TalC2 is offline  
Old 05-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
Staff Member
 
Pinchpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: England
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalC2 View Post
Thanks a lot for all the help! I really appreciate it.
Did the URL switch work, or are you just going to contact the Adventure Shop? Either way, I'm glad I could assist.
Pinchpenny is offline  
Old 05-30-2011, 03:20 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchpenny View Post
Did the URL switch work, or are you just going to contact the Adventure Shop? Either way, I'm glad I could assist.
No, I just sent them a ticket.
TalC2 is offline  
Old 07-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Kovaelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 12
Default

In the mean time, this may be a great opportunity to dust off your French-English dictionary.
Kovaelin is offline  
Old 07-19-2011, 06:00 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 141
Default

Hi TalC2, did you get a solution to your problem? I bought Return to Mysterious Island last week, and its in French too... I sent a support request at the link given above, but haven't gotten a reply yet (been about 4 days so far..)
Siddhi is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 141
Default

I got a reply from the ticket. Only the installer is in french. They told me which buttons to press to install the game and when you run the game you get the option to select english as the language.
Siddhi is offline  
 



Thread Tools

 


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.