You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Adventure Shop Black Mirror 3 download link not working

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2011, 01:54 AM   #1

Default Black Mirror 3 download link not working

I bought the game today, but one of the download links not working and I can't play the game wich i preordered days ago.

What's wrong?
Old 04-12-2011, 02:20 AM   #2

I am getting the same problem. If I use the downloader, it fails soon into the download. Then, if I try downloading manually instead, I am having a similar problem as you, where one of the four files will not download, and I get a server problem.

The additional problem I have is that the shop no longer has an option to contact them via email, after the site re-organization. Should there not be a way to contact customer support, as there was in the past?
Old 04-12-2011, 02:41 AM   #3

I contacted customer support through the support center but I haven't yet received a response. I am very disappointed with the service so far.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:50 AM   #4

I think I found the problem. The second download link is wrong. Compare it with the last two and rename it. I am already downloading the files without problems.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:01 AM   #5

Thank you for your suggestion, Baltadzhiev, and I will check my links too.

I still couldn't find a customer support email link on the site, though, and it is possible that I am looking in the wrong place for the link.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:18 AM   #6

I cannot see any way to rename the file. Files 1, 3, and 4 work fine, but file 2 does not. They are simply called "file1","file2", etc., and if the link works, a download option window opens, and in the case of file 2, no window opens, and I get an error. I cannot even see a website, or file name, which can be changed.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:15 AM   #7

It's easy. Copy the link location of any of the working files, put it in the address bar and just change it's name accordingly.

Example:

Change "http://yourdownloadlink/BM3-2.bin" to "http://yourdownloadlink/BM3-1.bin".

This method only works if you download the files manually.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:21 AM   #8

The link is fixed. Now you can download the game without problems.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:38 AM   #9

Thanks again, and you are correct!

I actually received a second email with the file links shortly after my last post, and file 2 works fine in that one. For some reason, it did not work in the original email I received providing the links. I am downloading file 2 right now, and have already downloaded the other files.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:56 AM   #10

I installed the game fine with these new links, and all is working great now.

I only wish that I had waited one more day, though, since now they are offering Black Mirror 2 FREE with the purchse of Black Mirror 2. I purchased both games yesterday at full price, and feel cheated out of a good deal. I guess it pays to wait.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #11
Adventure Shop

Thank you for advising us with a PM.
Our technical support managed to correct the link.

Thanks,