You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Adventure Shop Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island Win 7

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
sai

Default Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island Win 7

I bought Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island via Adventure Shop. Aside from having to whitelist the installed main.exe for the game in my Avira antivirus because it kept thinking it was a trojan. When I try to get the game to run it shows a black screen for a second then crashes to desktop. I tried updating my drivers, changing my resolution to a lower one, fiddling with the config, changing compatibility mode to Win XP etc. The best I could get was a brief bit of sound then the same crash to desktop.

Reading around it seems others are having problems with the game on Windows 7 with NVIDIA cards and the publisher company DTP that Adventure Shop forwarded me to first said it was my antivirus (so I disabled it), then the way I was running from a CD (I wasnt using a CD, just Adventure Shop's PC files) then simply that it can't be run on Windows 7.

I've asked for a refund for now but to be honest I was pretty keen on playing that game... Anyone else got this problem.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
sai

Nevermind, I got it to work.

I read this thread which has a translation of the Config in English:
http://forum.dtp-entertainment.com/v...15446&start=20

I set it to run in Windowed Mode and it worked. Then I tried it again non-WIndowed and it was coming up on my 2nd monitor. It's odd because no other game I've seen goes to Monitor 2 when full-screen (even when I want it to).

I only messed around at the start of the game but fingers crossed it'll keep working OK.