You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Adventure Shop Can't activate Whispered World

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2010, 03:12 AM   #1
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

Thumbs down Can't activate Whispered World

I just bought The Whispered World today, it downloaded and installed fine and seems to accept my activation key but now it won't activate. It keeps saying the following (translated from dutch):
Quote:
Communication with the activation server has been deliberately interrupted. This might be caused by:
1) The Firewall/Proxy/Router or a weak Wi-Fi connection.
2) The activation server's security policy.
For more information or help please contact the product's customer support.
I get this even when I temporarily turn my firewall off, and I'm not going through wireless. Also, when I try the alternative browser-based activation method the activation server refuses to let my browser connect.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:29 AM   #2

Yeah, it must be something on their end; perhaps the server is down. Many people who have bought games in the last day can't to activate them. It's kinda a bummer, I was hoping to play Darkness Within 2 last night.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:29 AM   #3

I'm having the same problem with "Overclocked", bought yesterday. Downloading and installing goes fine, but when I enter the serial number, I just can't connect to their server to collect the activation file (webpage can't be found).

I really hope this gets resolved soon. I mean, I bought this game way cheap, but I'm sure there must be others who spent a lot more.

Also, I now have close to 7 GB of useless data on my pc, just hoping to get it activated some day ...

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 06-14-2010, 03:17 AM   #4

I have the same problem, Harald B. I posted about it under the other threads. I can't believe they haven't posted with any helpful info here, and I can't believe they haven't put a sign on their shop saying they are having technical errors. Bad business practices, to say the least. I'm sure they are just continuing to sell games that can't be downloaded, instead.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:11 AM   #5
Adventure Shop

Hi to all,

We have been reported issues with Tages activation system.
Tages is the DRM embedded with most of adventure games.

Please, be assured that our technical support is currently looking at this issue and is looking for a prompt resolution, in order to let you enjoy your games.

I will post here once it is operational.

We apologize for that issue.

Damon
Old 06-14-2010, 05:55 AM   #6
Adventure Shop

Hi to all,

We received the confirmation that TAGES online activation servers are now LIVE and FULLY FUNCTIONAL.

You can freely activate your games.

We sincerely apologize for this issue and we hope you will ahve fun playing great adventures.

Damon