You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Adventure Shop Adventure Shop games include Star Force?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Strategy Guide Author

Default Adventure Shop games include Star Force?

As a recent purchaser from Adventure Shop and a person who plans to purchase more, I was kind of surprised to learn in another thread that some games from Adventure Shop include Star Force, something that most adventure gamers and gamers alike know to hate with every ounce of their being?

According to a thread in the Tech section this has rendered one game basically incompatible with Vista.

So I'm just curious if this is true and what games so I can avoid getting them from Adventure Shop. Just puzzled why when you already have activiation keys and activation limits that you feel the need to include nefarious protection as well.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:19 AM   #2
Adventure Shop

Hi Phod,

Most of the games at Adventure Shop are using Tages copy protection system.
Few of them may use Starforce, but it is a decision which does not belong to us but to the developer or the publisher.

In any case, it would be a Starforce Light version which does not install any ring zero drivers on your computer. Starforce light is similar to any other DRM, it just requires an activation key.
If a game has been released at Adventure Shop, it means that the game went through our QA, and it is running on Vista.

Damon
Old 12-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
M-E

Is there possibly a list of which games include Starforce? A while ago I purchased Runaway and it included Starforce, but this version of Starforce seemed incompatible with Windows 7. Due to this I couldn't even start the game. Is there a way to solve this problem?

I'm thinking about buying Post Mortem and Still Life, but I'm wondering if these games use Starforce or Tages?
Old 12-21-2009, 03:44 AM   #4
Adventure Shop

Post Mortem and Still Life are using Tages.

Runaway is also using Tages DRM.