You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Adventure Shop No confirmation email, charged twice!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #1

Default No confirmation email, charged twice!?!

I attempted to purchase Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper from your website today. I was charged TWICE for this purchase and never received a confirmation email.

I have emailed customer service and received a generic form letter but have yet to hear from an actual human being.

I read another thread with a similar problem, and the topic creator was instructed to go to the website and initiate the download from the "My account" page, but that is not an option. There is no option to download anything, it simply tells me that the game is in my "shopping cart" but I haven't completed any transactions.

I've been waiting for a confirmation email that never came, and I've been waiting for a response from a human being about this issue, and I get nothing back. Yet, amazingly, this website had no problem charging my credit card TWICE.

This is unacceptable and I will NEVER use their services again under any circumstances. I demand a refund immediately. You have taken more money than I authorized and you gave me NOTHING in return. At this point, I consider the money stolen. Remedy this, ASAP.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #2

Since "fast and/or efficient service" seems to be pretty difficult to obtain from this company, I figured I'd post the last e-mail I sent along with the reference number so as to avoid any more nonsensical delays.

The reference number regarding this issue is 28860-1246136032.

The last email sent is copied below.

"While I did receive your confirmation email for registering the
account, I have yet to receive any confirmation for you receiving my
payment, and I have been unable to download the game for your website,
yet you have charged $40 to my credit card. This is extremely
frustrating. I no longer wish to make this purchase through your
website and would like a refund in full.

I am sure you are able to see the activity of my newly created account
and see that I have not downloaded anything from your website, so I
trust that refunding my money will not be an issue since I received
absolutely nothing for my money, and you did, in fact, charge me more
than I ever authorized."

Thank you.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:13 AM   #3

Approximately 24 hours have past since I first attempted to use your service. I have yet to receive the product I paid for, nor have I received a response from anybody regarding either of my issues, namely the aforementioned fact that I received nothing for my payment, as well as the fact that I was charged twice for this product.

I am making every effort to resolve this situation while this company has done, literally, nothing. I'm not entirely sure what's happening here. Is there actually a customer service department, or is there simply a form letter that is sent out from some placeholder e-mail account that nobody actually checks? Has anybody ever actually received a follow-up response from a human being after e-mailing customer support?

Keeping with the theme of things, even though these messages are being received by nobody, I will respond once again via e-mail as well as posting on this forum to inform you of the following:

Approximately 24 hours from now, if you have still made no attempt to remedy this situation, I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

I think that's more than fair notice. I'm trying to resolve this with you on a much smaller scale, but it's becoming increasingly apparent that my complaints and concerns are falling upon either deaf ears, or no ears at all.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #4
Caffein Queen

How about having some patience.
It's weekend and may be why they haven't responded yet.

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 06-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #5

I've had plenty of patience. That's why I'm giving them until tomorrow.

It's the weekend so they haven't responded. Fantastic. If they don't do business on the weekend, why are they taking my money? Their website does not do what it says, and in fact, tells me that I have not made any transactions. So what I've got is a company that deals with computer gaming who apparently is only available to their customers during the work week, when the vast majority of the customers are at work as well and unable to use their services. And this company that isn't there to help remedy this situation has a website that says, "Nope, haven't seen your money, no clue what you're talking about," and a bank account that tells me they charged me twice. That is incredibly frustrating and, whether it's correct or not, gives the impression that they have no record of my payment. That's a mess.

I'm being completely reasonable. They asked for $20 for a product, took twice that, and gave me nothing. They have stolen $40 from me. Not a lot of money, but certainly a terrible way to run a business. I'm giving them the opportunity to fix this before taking any sort of extreme measures. I could be impatient and unreasonable and I would've done something more about this already. I think I'm being fair. I'm not a raving lunatic and I'm not making ridiculous demands, just requesting that they give me answers in as timely a fashion as they were able to take my money.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
Hopeful skeptic

I've alerted the shop guys to this thread, but patience is indeed in order here. Demanding action on a non-business day just isn't remotely reasonable. As you can see, they've responded to every customer problem raised in this forum, so they'll certainly be by to address yours, and you can rest assured you won't end up paying for something you didn't receive. Accusations of theft and making threats won't help anything.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #7

Thank you, Jackal, for alerting them! Very much appreciated.

I'm not saying that they've intentionally done something wrong, so I apologize if I've come across that way. But the bottom line is that my credit card was charged more than I authorized, and that's a huuuge problem, even if it's not a lot of money. So yeah, I'm pretty frustrated.

Thanks again. I look forward to having this resolved as soon as possible.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #8
Keep the faith :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniakiller View Post
Thank you, Jackal, for alerting them! Very much appreciated.

I'm not saying that they've intentionally done something wrong, so I apologize if I've come across that way. But the bottom line is that my credit card was charged more than I authorized, and that's a huuuge problem, even if it's not a lot of money. So yeah, I'm pretty frustrated.

Thanks again. I look forward to having this resolved as soon as possible.
Hi

Do not worry, we will take care of your payment problem this week
Sorry for the generic form letter for the support but as you may know a large part of the install problems could be resolve by customers themselves
As it is a credit card issue, you will handle directly with our technical partner.

Have a good end of day.
Yankee
Adventure Shop
Old 06-29-2009, 02:48 AM   #9
Adventure Shop

Dear InsomniaKiller,

We sincerely apologize for the issue you encountered with our billing solution.
For the lack of response, we have to plead guilty as our technical support is not as efficient during the week-end as for the rest of the week.

Whatever is the situation, if it appears have been charged two times for the same game, we will immediatly issue a refund

It would be great if you could share with us additional information about your purchase.
I need to receive your transaction number, or at least the email address used for the transaction.
I also would like to check on your account and find out if the game has been added to your list of games. For this, your email address and your login is required.

I invite you to send me a PM with all the information requested, I'll manage it personally with our tech support.

Thank you,

Damon