Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure Shop (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure-shop/)
-   -   Adventure Shop processing system rejects my credit card (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure-shop/24751-adventure-shop-processing-system-rejects-my-credit-card.html)

skalgar 05-23-2009 08:12 AM

Adventure Shop processing system rejects my credit card

Hello everybody,
I have the following problem. The Adventure Shop credit card processing system rejects all my credit cards, saying that "The card you used could not be verified, please try again". Maybe this is because my card is in Russian bank?

misslilo 05-23-2009 08:15 AM

Either that or they have problems on the site.
Happened to me too once and I had to wait for them to fix it :)

skalgar 05-23-2009 08:20 AM

Well, I am the only one who is experiencing this problem now. There are a lot of people who have purchased this game today (Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper) with their credit cards.

skalgar 05-23-2009 09:24 AM

Any ideas? suggestions?

pazzie 05-24-2009 10:18 AM

Hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by skalgar (Post 509368)
Any ideas? suggestions?

Indeed any help would be very nice, im trying to buy the game since a few days now, with mastercard in Holland, and i tried with 2 different cards, but it still gives the :The card you used could not be verified?

Why is this? And i really want to buy it, so fix it please,

With regards,

Martijn

Yankee 05-24-2009 12:19 PM

Hi Pazzie

I am really sorry that you coudn't bought your favorite games on adventure shop...I will try tomorrow to know more about this credit card issues.

Keep you posted and maybe we will contact you by mail to have more informations.

Yankee
Adventure shop

Snatcher42 05-24-2009 03:32 PM

I've tried three cards (2 Visa, 1 Mastercard) over the past two days, and nothing's working.

pazzie 05-24-2009 04:02 PM

hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee (Post 509576)
Hi Pazzie

I am really sorry that you coudn't bought your favorite games on adventure shop...I will try tomorrow to know more about this credit card issues.

Keep you posted and maybe we will contact you by mail to have more informations.

Yankee
Adventure shop

Thank you,

Hope you guys can solve this tomorrow, cause im seeing more people on here that aren't able to buy the game, and thats a shame.

skalgar 05-24-2009 10:32 PM

Yes, I really wish this problem could be solved today.

skalgar 05-25-2009 01:14 AM

I have just tried to pay, but still get the same error.

pazzie 05-25-2009 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skalgar (Post 509647)
I have just tried to pay, but still get the same error.

Thats a real shame, well i contacted Yankee so i hope he will bring us some good news..

Damon 05-25-2009 08:09 AM

Hello,

we would like to address this issue and provide you with a solution.
Could you please send an email to our technical support with your account details, and a print screen of the error message.

Thank you

pazzie 05-25-2009 08:33 AM

Hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damon (Post 509682)
Hello,

we would like to address this issue and provide you with a solution.
Could you please send an email to our technical support with your account details, and a print screen of the error message.

Thank you

Hi Damon,

I noticed a slight change to the layout of the paysite? I tried it and it worked, so my creditcard works now!! But what did you change if i may ask?

Thanks!

Damon 05-27-2009 03:56 AM

Due to a very high level of credit card frauds on the Adventure Shop, we have been advised to raise the level of security and authentification.
It was too high at that time and we revised it.

If you keep having problems using your credit car, we can add it to our white-list upon request.

Another option is to use paypal which is now available on the Adventure Shop.

Damon

Snatcher42 05-27-2009 04:19 AM

Well things started working for me again Monday morning... but all those times it supposedly rejected my card? Looks like I was charged anyway. Dozens of charges for a single game! :r

Damon 05-27-2009 09:22 AM

Please contact our tech support.
Have you received an email for confirmation for your purchase?
If so, what was the email address used to purchase the game?

Damon

Snatcher42 05-27-2009 03:34 PM

Damon,

Yes I received one email confirmation at [email protected] (same addresses used for all the purchase attempts). I already emailed tech support and responded to the auto-reply early this morning, but have heard nothing back yet.

I have my game, but right now I'm paying around $200 for it!

Damon 05-28-2009 12:58 AM

Hi Snatcher,

I can only find 2 purchases with the data you provided me, for a total amount of $ 39,98.
Have you purchased more games using a different email address and with the same credit card?

I can not find more assets other than your purchase on the 24th, and the second one on the 25th in our database.

I will do the following NOW:
- refund you one of the two games you bought, according to our database
- investigate with our billing system provider if they accidentally collected more money, as I can not find the amount you mention at that time
- in the case that we would not find more debits, I would ask you to provide us with a copy of your bank note stating the money collection, and would initiate a refund instantly
I am pretty sure that we will clear the situation.

Damon

Snatcher42 05-28-2009 01:19 AM

Thank you Damon, I think things are good now. One of my cards was showing three identical charges on the 24th, but once I removed the hold on that card, two of those charges disappeared.

Damon 05-28-2009 02:25 AM

Which transaction should be refunded finally?