Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure Shop (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure-shop/)
-   -   Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure-shop/24741-sherlock-holmes-vs-jack-ripper.html)

Mieze 05-22-2009 11:03 AM

Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper

Greetings! :) I hope somebody will be able to help me.

I bought and downloaded Holmes vs. Ripper this afternoon.

However, after installing it I saw to my dismay that it was the French version instead of the English one.

Since I read in the official forum of the Sherlock Holmes games page that at least one other user has this problem, I suppose there might be a problem with the files.

I already wrote a mail to support this afternoon, but haven't received any reply yet. It would be great, if somebody could help us here. Thanks in advance.

zorg45 05-22-2009 12:30 PM

I have the same problem. I hope this can get cleared up, it's rather annoying.

Damon 05-22-2009 03:38 PM

Hello,

It seems like we uploaded the wrong master on the server.
We will replace it in a couple of hours and share that link with our customers who already bought it.

We apologize for this.

Damon

AsianMusicGuy 05-22-2009 03:43 PM

Hours? oh btw it seems the tech support email is invalid also

Mieze 05-22-2009 07:23 PM

Thanks for the info, Damon!:)

CoyoteAG 05-22-2009 07:58 PM

Will the new download link automatically send to those who purchased the game or do we need to send an E-mail to tech support?

Yankee 05-23-2009 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoyoteAG (Post 509308)
Will the new download link automatically send to those who purchased the game or do we need to send an E-mail to tech support?

Hi Coyote

We will send a new link with the right master in english language and a gift in order to apologize. (A free game to download from Monday 25 may)

Sorry about the situation

Yankee
Adventure Shop

Mieze 05-23-2009 05:01 AM

Thanks again to everybody involved in rectifiying the mistake. I just installed the game via the links I got in the mail and it seems to be working just fine. :)

AsianMusicGuy 05-23-2009 07:52 AM

oh the down side mine says it will take 4 hours on my HIGHSPEED connection any alternitve faster! limks

misslilo 05-23-2009 08:11 AM

Just try again - usually it will pick up speed along the way :)

CoyoteAG 05-23-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee (Post 509331)
Hi Coyote

We will send a new link with the right master in english language and a gift in order to apologize. (A free game to download from Monday 25 may)

Sorry about the situation

Yankee
Adventure Shop

Got it and am downloading it now...thanks Yankee!

brothersale 05-23-2009 01:33 PM

darn there must be quite a few people who got this as i am still waiting for the links to be sent, oh well at least i have still life 2 to keep me busy

Damon 05-23-2009 02:17 PM

Brothersale,

All of our customers who bought the french version have been informed by email of the download links.
If you have not received it, then I could check what has happened if you send me the email address you used to purchase the game.

Damon

brothersale 05-24-2009 03:57 AM

i've sent you the my e-mail address of the my account at the store privately but like i have said in the message, it is weird because i got the apology but i never recieve the orginal e-mail with the links either which is a first for me.

Steveo51 05-24-2009 07:07 AM

I've just downloaded this (English version) and I'm told the download is corrupt.

Guess this is a related issue.

Yankee 05-24-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brothersale (Post 509512)
i've sent you the my e-mail address of the my account at the store privately but like i have said in the message, it is weird because i got the apology but i never recieve the orginal e-mail with the links either which is a first for me.

Hi Brothersale

Could you send me your private mail attend on your account where you bought the game, I will chek your buying and send your problem to our support :

[email protected]

Thanks in advance
Yankee
Adventure shop

brothersale 05-25-2009 03:41 AM

Is anything happening on this yet? Damon, Yankee, anyone

Damon 05-25-2009 08:12 AM

Hello Brothersale,

All of our customers who bought the french verison of Sherlock Holmes, have been contacted by our technical support and they should have received the new download links.

We need the email address you used to purchase Sherlock Holmes VS. Jack the Ripper. I can not send you any new link without a a check in our database.

Thank you

Damon

brothersale 05-25-2009 08:21 AM

I sent it to you on a private message already after your last request, but i will send it again

Damon 05-27-2009 04:02 AM

Everything is now working fine.