You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #21
tsa
Playing character

Will we get an answer to our request soon please?
Old 04-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #22
tsa
Playing character

Apparently not.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #23

I was about to say the same thing. Why ask for feedback if no one is available to reply? I apologize for being harsh, but it certainly gives the impression that they don't even bother reading.

I'm also thinking about new members or forum visitors that lurk in here. Surely those numerous unanswered threads with users having problems with payments or activation don't offer a positive outlook on the Adventure Shop. Perhaps those threads are all answered via PM, but regardless, site owners should PUBLICLY answer all these threads, this one included.

Come on. Get your stuff together.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #24
Hopeful skeptic

Just for the record, I've already alerted the Shop guys to the complaints on this thread (as I do with any others that go unanswered). Nothing more I can personally do beyond that, I'm afraid.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #25
tsa
Playing character

Thank you Jackal. Let's hope they answer soon.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #26
Adventure Shop

Hi Folks,

Apologies for not getting back to you earlier.
The reason why the emails are labelled as Sherlock Holmes is very simple.
They could be identified as SPAM if labelled "The Adventure Shop" because of the word "SHOP" !!!

Is that a major issue?

Thanks

Damon
Old 04-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon View Post
Is that a major issue?
Yes, because your site is called The Adventure Shop, not Sherlock Holmes. It doesn't make any sense. I mean, your site isn't at all about the character of Sherlock Holmes; it's about selling all kinds of adventure games. These might include Sherlock Holmes titles as some of them, but still.

Perhaps naming your newsletter "Adventure Newsletter" or "New Adventure Game Releases" would do the trick, since it would remove the word "Shop"?
Old 04-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #28
tsa
Playing character

I agree with DeadWolf. I would just name the sender The Adventure Shop because you can learn every email program there is that mail from The Adventure Shop is not spam.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #29
Adventure Shop

We'll make a try this friday, and we'll see if the newsletter is rejected by servers because of the sender name.

Damon
Old 04-20-2011, 01:19 AM   #30
tsa
Playing character

Thank you Damon!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:19 AM   #31

I like the selection of games and convenience, but to be honest the only reason i still use the shop is because i have come to accept that playing an adventure game once is sufficient.

My overall experience with account security and customer service is really dire and everytime i buy a new game my husband lectures me on how foolish i am.

If the same range of games was available on the highstreet i'd buy them there, and to be honest i don't think that the price of the game reflects the fact we are just downloading it and not getting the box, the disk, the shop, the face to face customer service, etc etc.

We don't even get a free phone number, which i would be using right now actually because yet again (omg) i'm being left waiting to play a game i paid for 3 days ago.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:51 AM   #32
tsa
Playing character

Damon, did you get any complaints about the newsletter being chucked in spamboxes? I got mine no problem!
Old 04-30-2011, 12:53 AM   #33
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseK View Post
I like the selection of games and convenience, but to be honest the only reason i still use the shop is because i have come to accept that playing an adventure game once is sufficient.

My overall experience with account security and customer service is really dire and everytime i buy a new game my husband lectures me on how foolish i am.

If the same range of games was available on the highstreet i'd buy them there, and to be honest i don't think that the price of the game reflects the fact we are just downloading it and not getting the box, the disk, the shop, the face to face customer service, etc etc.

We don't even get a free phone number, which i would be using right now actually because yet again (omg) i'm being left waiting to play a game i paid for 3 days ago.
Strange, I have very good experiences with customer service, and I often buy games at the Adventure Shop because they are much cheaper than any boxed version I can find.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:40 AM   #34
Adventure Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Damon, did you get any complaints about the newsletter being chucked in spamboxes? I got mine no problem!
I checked the numbers of newsletter being opened since we changed the name... -35%

But we'll keep it this way ;-)

Damon
Old 04-30-2011, 03:46 AM   #35
Adventure Shop

Quote:

Louise, we are trying our best to serve our customers with the best service possible. I will not give any particular example, but be sure that I do my best to help our customers. You can reach me by PM is you have any particular issue not being solved by technical support.

Quote:
Adventure genre has been considered as a niche by the european retailers for the last 3 or 4 years. This is the reason we created the Adventure Shop, to offer an access to the community to the developers and the publishers supporting the genre.

Quote:
I answered you on an other thread. Have you tried to resend the confirmation email for BM3?
Old 05-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #36
tsa
Playing character

Thank you for 'solving' the email issue, Damon. I really appreciate it.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #37

My purchasing experience with Adventure Shop has been.... eventful. I encounter at least one issue per purchase (usually just little inconveniences), so I would still purchase games through them. However, my last purchasing experience (Gray Matter) was really an ordeal and can hopefully be fixed for future purchases.

First, am I the only one who had problems with the "high speed" download? This usually seems to work for me, but for this game, it was very VERY slow and, more importantly, would stop when the download reached around 65%. No matter what I did, the download would stop there and eventually terminate altogether. The worst part was that, after having waiting for 1.5-2 hours for the download to get that far, instead of restarting from 65%, it would restart from 0% or (oddly) from 23%. This was so frustrating that after about 3.5 wasted hours, I turned to the manual download. Herein came my next frustration. You CAN download the games yourself, but...well....not really. If you try to download them without downloading yet another download manager, they will all try to download at once and give you a wait time of nearly 5 hours as you suck up all the bandwidth in your city. Finally, I resolved to use the download manager, download them manually, and just leave for about 5 hours to let them download. To my utter relief when I returned home that night, the games were properly downloaded and ready to be installed and played..... almost..... On the up side, once I had finally downloaded each of the 4 parts, the game installed perfectly. Summary: please fix high-speed download

Then came the part that was, admittedly out of Adventure Shop's control: The copyright protection software -- TAGES. Oh...good...gravy...... That company seems to have more bugs or server crashes (resulting in buyers being cut off from their games for who knows how long) than they know how to deal with. This is not A.S.'s fault. However, I would not have purchased this game, I think, or would have at least waited and purchased another one in the mean time instead, had I known I would have to deal with TAGES-during-holiday-season. So a suggestion from me would be to put the name of the company who is doing the copy-protection software for the game IN the game info/description on your website. That way, we can at least know what we're up against in the not-so-stressful holiday season.

Last edited by Madame Fussybritches; 12-30-2011 at 02:51 PM.