You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Adventure Shop Unable to activate Vampyre's Story!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #1

Default Unable to activate Vampyre's Story!

Hello. I purchased Vampyre's Story today and cannot play it due to not being able to validate that game. I sent an email to [email protected] and that got bounced back saying 'delivery was aborted after 92 seconds". I inputted my serial number correctly but the server took a few minutes and said it couldn't reach the server so I tried via HTTP activation and that did not work either. it's been trying to send the information for about 30 minutes now. Did I just lose $30 to these guys?
Old 12-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
Super Moderator

You didn't lose $30. We'll make sure the Adventure Shop guys hear about your thread and can help you out.

Although, given the fact that the email failed and your having problems with the activation, there might be some problems with certain connections on your end (obviously not all as you could post to a forum)*.

*That is purely a SWAG (scientific wild-a**ed guess) on my part.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #3

I've tried everything on the FAQ page for that game. What worries me is that my emails to [email protected] keep getting bounced back. That is NOT an issue on my end. Sounds like some servers on the shops end are shut down. It is most frustrating to spend well over an hour download and installing then have to spend another hour trying to get the damned thing validated. No tech phone numbers to call, bounced email all smell a little fishy to me. I hope you're correct that someone can help me out, but this will make me think twice about purchasing from the 'shop' again.

Thanks for your response.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Trust me, it's not fishy. If something is goobered up at their end, we'll make sure they know about it.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:31 AM   #5
Adventure Shop

This problem is mainly due to port forwarding issue.

Here the process to manually activate your game copy.

User Guide to TAGES manual activation.

First of all, please select the box « I don’t have an Internet Connection in this computer ». Click on Next.

The installation process will ask you to save a file named « game - @ctiv.htm » in the place of your choice (we advice you to choose the desktop).

Then,

Click twice this file, and the following page will appear:

Then click the « Create the activation file » button.
The internet page will ask you to save your game in order to activate it.

And,

Click twice this file and do a full copy/paste of the activation code (this includes information at the beginning of the code).

It should solve your current activation issue.

Thanks,
Old 01-01-2009, 09:42 AM   #6

That doesn't work for me, i only get that the page doesn't exist, after i hit the "Get Activation file" button. Any suggestions?
Old 06-13-2010, 07:25 AM   #7

I'm sorry to bring back such an old thread, but I'm having the exact same problem, only for "Overclocked". The "get activation file" button only delivers a webpage can't be found error.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 06-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #8

I have the same problem with A Vampire Story and Overclocked I bought yesterday. Online activation fails and manual points to nonexistent page. I've written to Adventure Shop support and am avaiting response. I hope it's just a temporary server failure, but so far I feel robbed.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:13 AM   #9

The manual activation page doesn't work for me, either, Damon. Perhaps you could have checked that page before suggesting it? Just a thought.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:21 AM   #10
Adventure Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
The manual activation page doesn't work for me, either, Damon. Perhaps you could have checked that page before suggesting it? Just a thought.
This solution is supposed to work and we are checking with TAGES what can be done today.
Some games have been wrapped with an older version of TAGES.

Damon
Old 06-14-2010, 05:21 AM   #11

It's working now, yay! I succesfuly activated Vampire Story through the online activation. I'm leaving the rest of the games for when I get home. Thanks Damon.

Still, shame on TAGES that they need to be poked to resolve such a critical issue.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:33 AM   #12
Adventure Shop

Funtom,

I am glad that the activation is back on tracks.

Since you are among the lucky ones who have successfully activated your game, could you please try to activate the other ones.

Thanks,

Damon
Old 06-14-2010, 05:49 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon View Post
Since you are among the lucky ones who have successfully activated your game, could you please try to activate the other ones.
OK, activation of Overclocked was also successful. Activating Still Life was smooth too, but that seems to use different method/provider then Tages.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:53 AM   #14
Adventure Shop

Hi Funtom,

Thank you for confirming your successful activation.

I also confirm that TAGES activation servers are live and fully functional.

Once again we apologize for this issue, and we still hope that you will have a lot of fun playing great adventures.

Damon
Old 11-30-2010, 05:52 AM   #15
kiss me Lewton

Send a message via MSN to carlotta von uberwald

I'm having the same problem with Sherlock Holmes Vs Arsene Lupin. I used the activation code in the receipt when I purchased it via the Adventure Shop and it came up as wrong activation code. I also tried the get activation file but all I got was a blank webpage. And the Tages game@ctiv has run for over 12 hours and still going.

The sacred lace of Hyperopia the goddess of shoes, the holy trolley of Mr. Safeway, the blessed chamber pot of the whinging martyrs of constipata. Anything could become a sacred relic if you weren't careful enough.

I never misenthropated anything!

Malaclypse is a nut!!!

Keep The Adventure Alive!