View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 03:30 PM   #1
Kirk
Banned User

Default An English Teacher's Question

Welcome, Alex, Phill, and Vinny!

I am sorry to enter the dungeon a bit on the late side, but I am glad to have you here. Thanks for being a part of Adventure Gamers' developer chat.

As an English teacher, I always enjoy linking concepts and topics found in games to the literary world. So if it is not too much to ask:

Since the game has an apparent allusion to Kafka's work, how influenced are you and your team by existential writings and the existential philosophy? Do you feel that your game expresses such a philosophical message? If not, what kind of message does it wish to send in light of the existential works of Kafka?

In the words of Albert Camus, "The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth." Do you and your team believe Bad Mojo--which brings to life an absurd situation--also brings life to the existential philosophy?

Lastly, absurdism has never been a mainstream form of theatrical entertainment--with its roots in the Existential. Thus, do you feel your association with or separation from this philosophy has affected the game's overall popularity and appeal to gamers? In what ways?

Thanks for anything you spit back. Much appreciated.

Best,
Kirk Latimer

Last edited by Kirk; 12-17-2004 at 03:41 PM.