View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 10:38 AM   #2
SoccerDude28
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
'Grand Theft Auto' series gives credibility to lifestyle, they warn

"How Rockstar North, a game publisher based in damp Edinburgh, Scotland was able to create an interactive epic that resonates with American youth is quite a story. But for gang counselors and law enforcement, the story is not about record sales and five-starred reviews in gaming magazines. It's about telling kids on the edge that they are not a lost cause.

'For those of us out here struggling to prevent gang violence it’s frustrating to see the media glorify it," said Perez. He said he and others are struggling to prevent an all-out gang war in San Mateo County "and when you hear kids coming in here and talking about the game, it makes it a challenge to reach them.'"
Dude I live in San Mateo county. I actually live in the city of San Mateo itself. It is one of the most peaceful counties in the bay area. The guy sounds like he's talking about downtown Oakland or South central LA "prevent an all-out gang war in San Mateo County". Don't you like how we Americans just love blowing things out of proportion GTA:SA rocks and can't wait for my significant other to buy it for me for XMAS. I am buying her 2 or 3 Sims expansion packs.

Firefox rules